Metal detectorist unearths ‘one-of-a-kind’ gold treasure from 1,400 years ago. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A man in Denmark with a metal detector found a gold ring from the sixth century possibly linked to a powerful, forgotten family, photos show. Photo from Ulrik Pedersen, Tøndermarsk Ini via the National Museum of Denmark

Dressed in a red windbreaker and brown beanie, Lars Nielsen was out for a walk on a crisp spring day. As he went, he swept his metal detector over the rocky soil of Emmerlev, a small town in southern Denmark.

The device beeped. Nielsen knelt down and dug.

Buried in the dirt, he found a gold ring.

I was so excited and overwhelmed that I could hardly say anything, and that’s not usually something that characterizes me, but it is without a doubt my best find so far,” Nielsen told the National Museum of Denmark.

Nielsen had stumbled upon a rare gold ring from over 1,400 years ago, museum officials said in a Feb. 19 news release.

The large ring had a red semi-precious stone in the center surrounded by a delicate braid-like design, a photo shows. Underneath, the centerpiece was attached with four looping spirals. On each side, the band had a trio of knob-like dots.

DO_583818_n.jpg

D.O.A.

We are Kings
A man in Denmark with a metal detector found a gold ring from the sixth century possibly linked to a powerful, forgotten family, photos show. Photo from Ulrik Pedersen, Tøndermarsk Ini via the National Museum of Denmark

Dressed in a red windbreaker and brown beanie, Lars Nielsen was out for a walk on a crisp spring day. As he went, he swept his metal detector over the rocky soil of Emmerlev, a small town in southern Denmark.

I was so excited and overwhelmed that I could hardly say anything, and that’s not usually something that characterizes me, but it is without a doubt my best find so far,” Nielsen told the National Museum of Denmark.

Nielsen had stumbled upon a rare gold ring from over 1,400 years ago, museum officials said in a Feb. 19 news release.

The large ring had a red semi-precious stone in the center surrounded by a delicate braid-like design, a photo shows. Underneath, the centerpiece was attached with four looping spirals. On each side, the band had a trio of knob-like dots.

View attachment 755223

He was killed in a drive by

KiKi51669

Lurker
That's clearly some sort of ancient female stimulation aid.
I love pointy teeth. What I want to know is: no matter how many people understand the reference, how do we reach the people who don't, so they do? "KiKi's Paradox"

~*~I'm not lurking... I've been a member since way back when. Heck, that ferret was my 6th, and my 14th just passed. I'm interested. I'm educated. And it's better sometimes to know than to imagine. DMT elves say everything will be ok...

Attachments

• 12-9.mp4
    30.3 MB
Last edited:

Solomon Kane

And so it begins..

View attachment 755223

This one's more impressive.

Attachments

• 73ccb9ac701f758d7603376a4869d095.jpg
    73ccb9ac701f758d7603376a4869d095.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4
Back