nancy reagan dead at 94 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

mrln

silent ghost
Nancy Reagan, Actress Who Became Powerful First Lady, Dies at 94
variety-yahoopartner 4 hours ago

1a127b7563fa8ef87bdbb61a940d5909

Former first lady Nancy Reagan waits to greet Republican presidential candidates in a replica of the Oval Office at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, before the Reagan Centennial GOP presidential primary debate in Simi Valley, California September 7, 2011. (REUTERS/Chris Carlson)

Former first lady Nancy Reagan , who as an aspiring actress married affable leading man Ronald Reagan , and then offered her unfailing support and Hollywood style as his unlikely political career took them to the Sacramento’s governor’s mansion and then all the way to the White House, has died. She was 94.
A family spokesperson told CBS that Reagan died Sunday in her Los Angeles home of congestive heart failure.

Reagan had a reputation as her husband’s greatest protector, whether regarding publicity or public policy, but she won public admiration as she took on the role of caregiver as he faced the onset of Alzheimer’s disease in the last 10 years of his life.

Nancy Davis was an actress under contract with MGM in 1949 when she first met Reagan, then president of the Screen Actors Guild, and asked for his help in clearing her name after it mistakenly appeared on a list of Communist sympathizers in Hollywood. Over dinner, they hit it off and started dating, but it was several years before Reagan, recently divorced from actress Jane Wyman, would be ready to tie the knot again.
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/nancy-reagan-actress-became-powerful-first-lady-dies-163048938.html

janscutter

Can I stab you with this sharp pointy thing?
This user was banned
Met her a couple times, one of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure and privilege to meet.

Mr Robot

Politically incorrect
Margret Thatcher is still the woman buried the deepest according to the guinness book of records, scotland edition.

832.gif

Thatcher? I could never stand that bitch.
They shouldn't get into politics get back in that bloody house and cook my dinner.

shitterofpants

This user was banned
94 is a long fucking time. I'm like why are people so surprised that she died? She was 90fucking4. Her family didn't think this might be coming?
RIP and all, great woman, but come on...If I live to be 54 I'll consider it a victory.

Back