disaster Rapidly spreading fire in factory (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess we still haven't learned our lesson with highly flammable materials.....
th-1699429706.jpg

If they would have still been titting about a few seconds more they would have burn't. Why didn't they just leg soon as they knew how bad it was? BTW it started a split second after they guy lit the Oxy torch. I watched it twice and i don't think that had anything too do with it.
Very true. It looks like the Hydro line let go and alrdy hot Hydro fluid ignited when it hit the hot material being fed into it.

stok3d

Die, Fucker.
This user was banned
I actually work in an aluminum factory as a CNC Setup technician so I'm getting a kick out of these replies. We have a press just like this. We have a 7" and 9" extrusion press in addition to a full anodize department, CNC department with 20+ machines, as well as a fabrication/shipping/buffing department..Huge facility. We have never had an accident anywhere near this magnitude in almost fifty continuous years of operation. E-stop should have been the first thing he did. Very very bad operator. Sad.

P5ykoOHD

Omelette du Fromage! (PS: DickButt)
We had a fire 6 days ago in out waste area, two people actually risked their lives to put it out, considering there was huge plastic containers of waste Acetone right next to the wet waste spot where the fire started.
We all got called to a meeting to talk about it because someone found a bottle of rhum resting on one of the acetone containers (1.2m cubed, there are 6 of them). We were told off for not respecting triage and recycling, and because it's "not ok to drink on the job" (duh) when working with highly inflammable chemicals.

I've actually seen a fire start much faster than that, into an instant 6m high fireball, once again at work.
I don't know what the chemical name of the catalyzer we use is, but the explosion occurred because someone mixed new to old in a 10L container, the old had developed impurities, and with the addition of new catalyzer, the chemical reacted with itself.
There was a exothermic reaction caused by the impurities interacting with the new, purer catalyzer, it reached its maximum thermal point and auto combusted, flame instantly turning into a highly volatile explosion and resulting 6m high fireball (like an atomic bomb).
The instant heat wave was insane, and 3 people got 2'nd degree burns putting the fire out.

Back