Seven-metre shark the size of Jaws spotted off Marino Rocks (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
SHARK sightings are common at this time of the year — but a seven-metre (23') great white spotted at Marino Rocks on Sunday, forcing the evacuation of swimmers, has really caused a stir. Surf Lifesaving Australia says the huge shark — about the same size as the fictional monster that terrorised folk in the Jaws movies — was seen about 200m offshore at Marino Rocks. The Westpac Lifesaver Rescue helicopter tried to herd the shark out to sea and it made its way in to deeper water and has not been seen again.

Police were alerted by surf lifesavers and participants at a junior Surf Life Saving Carnival at nearby Seacliff beach were cleared from the water. “It’s the biggest I’ve ever seen as a crew member in the Westpac chopper. We put it down as 7m the photo really doesn’t do it justice,” an unnamed crew member wrote on the Facebook page of Shark Alerts SA. Shark Alerts said a jetboat was used to compare the size and the shark was bigger.

No Cookies | The Advertiser

328569e85c0f915b4487936127c866e4.jpg
3e39223f3c617c285c9aa13bfcb89887.jpg

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
might not even be shark....refracted light in seabed makes larger tuna look like great white, especially if tuna travels alone and is seen in shoals scavenging food for itself. many tuna is mistaken for shark

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
]
Maybe you better get a better look at that first photo. NO DOUBT that is a shark.
it could be a shark it could be a cobia fish (often mistaken for the thresher shark.
picture angles and water/light distortion when many fish specials resemble shark species can only allow one to postualate (allbiet arbitrarily) what this fish is. *for decades daddy and uncles hunt/eat shark from mediterranean sea and atlantic ocean and have harpooned shark look alike (and yu know its not shark when the fish fighting fails to pull your boat before yu launch 2nd 3rd and 4th harpoons

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
thats cos some sharks dont have a urinary tract and they piss out their muscles/skin when they die. try mako or thresher. and no, not even the biggest tuna or cobia come in that size.
me i like eat raw sea urchin more. i snorkel free dive them and eat them alive immediately from my waist catch bag, squeezing lemon on them like some starving fuck.so yummy
yes sharks much bigger than 140 kilo cobia..STILL folks confuse cobia's foraging near shoals for shark. sharks bladder is capable to expand/contract making it capable to swim in shallow shoals but its a animal of the abyss and its preditory food base is mostly in deep ocean where water pressure ambient and not based on oxygene atmospheric pressure
yes sharks bite kids but dont bite the bait and believe media shark-hysteria foisted upon the vacation loving populace. the king of the sea the great white shark hasnt abandoned what evolution/survival wired into him..he's not "hanging around' with or near yu

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
me i like eat raw sea urchin more. i snorkel free dive them and eat them alive immediately from my waist catch bag, squeezing lemon on them like some starving fuck.so yummy
yes sharks much bigger than 140 kilo cobia..STILL folks confuse cobia's foraging near shoals for shark. sharks bladder is capable to expand/contract making it capable to swim in shallow shoals but its a animal of the abyss and its preditory food base is mostly in deep ocean where water pressure ambient and not based on oxygene atmospheric pressure
yes sharks bite kids but dont bite the bait and believe media shark-hysteria foisted upon the vacation loving populace. the king of the sea the great white shark hasnt abandoned what evolution/survival wired into him..he's not "hanging around' with or near yu
yes, he is hanging around with and near me.

FORT BRAGG, Calif. (AP) -- Randy Fry loved the ocean. On an August afternoon, it killed him when a shark struck suddenly, making Fry the 10th known great white fatality off the California coast.
===========
i don't think they found his head

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
yes, he is hanging around with and near me.

FORT BRAGG, Calif. (AP) -- Randy Fry loved the ocean. On an August afternoon, it killed him when a shark struck suddenly, making Fry the 10th known great white fatality off the California coast.
===========
i don't think they found his head
this sad ..i deeply sorry for diver :( all divers be it freedive/scuba should never engage sink phase or target depth exploration with out releaseing distilled dead shark essence into your dive radius water, especially in these days when fish trawlers dump fish guts to entice non shark fish for catching them.
so sad it happens but does :(

Back