bizarre Stupid pakis (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lmao..4 of them.... IT TOOK 4 OF THEM!!! no wonder why they all die from getting electrocuted. :lulz:
I been welding for a decade seen people die in weird ass slap ass preventable way, seen fire, been on fire, I stitch the ducking world together with fire, I have dropped gas bottles and in turn competed for both a Darwin Award/ goregrish gorgies feature “y’all might actually see my dumbass die on this site!”,…. And simultaneously launched an undocumented rocket through the boss man’s truck and office. I remember cutting I beams off a beam line when my apprentice came to me with the widest eyes and pure fear on his face as he said trembling “ the bottles, bro the bottles,” I turn to see what’s shivered his timbers and lo and behold the acetylene regulator had a leak and caught fire and I mean massive jets of fire and black soot spewing from it, I calmly told the kid “hey don’t panic but I need you to run far and fast in case I don’t close it off fast enough” he leaves the line and I as this paki elder casually did walk over and turn the valve off and then with a glove snuff out the fire. What most people don’t realize about gas bottles that hold flammable/explosive gasses, is modern gas bottles are manufactured with mandatory flame arrester systems typically integrated into the fitting, valve, valve stem, regulator, or all of the above. Flame arrester systems are just basically screen or perforated plate that disrupts the flame front and choking out oxygen giving the operator time enough to do 2 of the following
1: turn off fuel source at the valve.
2: evaluate the situation and evacuate the affected area.

With all this bullshit being said if you ever encounter/find yourself in a situation where you’re faced with a pissed off flaming bottle of potential explosive death, remember you may have a few seconds and if you value your life don’t be dumb like me and risk turning it off not knowing how long it was alight, unless you’re willing to pay for it in blood/ life/ tinnitus. Evacuate the area and call emergency services.

If you visibly watch it catch fire immediately shit yourself and whilst evacuating said bowels shut the fuel source off snuff remaining flames “if possible” and always expect a small explosion down line as the gas may burn off elsewhere. I’ve saved several acetylene rigs from catastrophic failure at the cost of blown out fuel line and warped torches, shits nothing to fuck around with.

Back