Surrey, Canada (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
14399surreyMIZEN-Larry.jpg

Larry Mizen, known as an enforcer of the drug trade in Whalley, was found killed on Sunday night.
— image credit: Facebook

A man and a myth are now dead after the killing of Larry Robert Mizen, a man who ruled the streets of Surrey's Whalley neighbourhood for years.

Say Mizen's name out loud on Whalley's notorious strip along 135A Street and people would scatter, as though uttering his name would summon retribution.

They described him as an immense man, who patrolled the streets wearing a leather glove on one hand. Crossing the expert in martial arts was ill-advised.

Those who did had the trademark Mizen split on their forehead, a result of his gloved fist pounding their head with a single punch.

He ruled the streets, and the street-level drug trade in Whalley for years.

On Sunday (Oct. 19) at about 8:40 p.m., the 54-year-old was found dead in the basement suite of a home in the 11000-block of 136 Street.

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) is now investigating, and confirmed the dead man is Mizen. He was extremely well known to police.

The Leader became aware of Mizen and his reputation while working on an in-depth profile of Whalley in 2004.

RCMP and bylaw officers all had stories about Mizen. Many of them involved violence and that well-known split he created on the heads of his foes.

The day he was killed, he was posting angrily on Facebook, questioning whether a woman he knew was a hooker.

Mizen is Surrey's 13th confirmed murder of the year – the average reached between 2003 and 2012.

McM

ARSELING
I found this news funny, because we've the exact same guy running around here.

Edit: He shave your head for 30€ debt.

Last edited:

Sev

Well Oiled Member
I'm glad he's dead. He looked like the worst kind of asshole: the kind that could probably kick my teeth in.

Liver1

Veteran of GG
I have encountered many of these one man hard case psycho's in my time and strangely enough many of them have homosexual tendencies, not sure if its a domineering psychotic trait but guys like this are only one person, that's what they don't realise, no matter how bad ass they are they are still one person that cannot stop bullets, knives or baseball bats, they often use a real fear by reputation to intimidate anyone but sooner or later they are found dead, i wouldn't be surprised if someone killed him for $50.

Last edited:

McM

ARSELING
I have encountered many of these one man hard case psycho's in my time and strangely enough many of them have homosexual tendencies, not sure if its a domineering psychotic trait but guys like this are only one person, that's what they don't realise, no matter how bad ass they are they are still one person that cannot stop bullets, knives or baseball bats, they often use a real fear by reputation to intimidate anyone but sooner or later they are found dead, i wouldn't be surprised if someone killed him for $50.

He was an enforcer for the HA.
Edit: Sooner or later we're all dead one day.

Last edited:

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
that" posting angrily on facebook" really smarts of street cred.
big targets are easy targets. canna enforce shit with yer heady innards chumming up the galley.

it,s the person you don't notice that will have your copper or plug yer car.

Deroxor

Lurker
Guys like this dont work alone. He probably ran a crew of guys who helped him enforce, collect, and rip off all aspects of the dope game

Back