Teen Hunter Harvested After Falling Asleep in Michigan Corn Field (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
Questions-
I have questions-

How could a person not hear this huge lumbering presumably loud ground shaking machine around them and not wake up- level of drunkenness or drug intoxication factored in?

Was this kid already dead or something?
And who hunts deer IN a cornfield?

Yes. Questions.

Teen Hunter Harvested After Falling Asleep In Michigan Corn Field

krone.jpg

A Michigan deer hunter, 14, died on Saturday after he apparently fell asleep in a cornfield and was run over by a corn harvester, according to reports.

Emergency responders were called to a field in Chandler Township -- located about 240 miles northwest of Detroit -- just before 9 a.m. A farm worker found the teenager after driving over him, a news release by the Huron County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities said the 14-year-old, of Elkton, had been dropped off in the field so he could hunt deer. The machine operator, a 25-year-old from Pigeon, was harvesting the field with a large Krone corn chopper, according to the Huron Daily Tribune.

"Unaware anyone was in it [the field], the hunter was accidentally driven over and found by the chopper operator a very short while later," the paper reported.

mrln

silent ghost
well deer eat corn,so i guess he figured have the deer come to him.
stupid is as stupid does

whiteboyopie

Forum Veteran
Questions-
I have questions-

How could a person not hear this huge lumbering presumably loud ground shaking machine around them and not wake up- level of drunkenness or drug intoxication factored in?

Was this kid already dead or something?
And who hunts deer IN a cornfield?

Yes. Questions.

Teen Hunter Harvested After Falling Asleep In Michigan Corn Field

krone.jpg

A Michigan deer hunter, 14, died on Saturday after he apparently fell asleep in a cornfield and was run over by a corn harvester, according to reports.
Deer love corn .
A corn field is a deer hunters gold mine.
He may of planned to nap, w as he up, find some deer and get busy.
As to the ability to hear the big harvester ?
When I sleep I am " OUT" !!
A burglar can make breakfast, eat, listen to my stereo loud , then rob everything. I will sleep through it.

Back