The Cold case of Krystal Beslanowitch: Solved after 18 years (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Juli

Dead Since 1999
TLDR: 'Krystal Beslanowitch, 17, was killed in 1995. Her body was found along the banks of the Provo River near Midway. Police believe she was beaten to death with rocks. Joseph Michael Simpson, 46, who already served time in the Utah State Prison in the 1980s for murder, was arrested in Sarasota County, Fla., on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, for investigation of murder in her death.'

quote from Deseret News:
"HEBER CITY — Todd Bonner was a sheriff's deputy when he was dispatched in the cold, morning hours of Dec. 15, 1995 to the scene of a dead body on a bank of the Provo River.

The nude body of Krystal Lynn Beslanowitch, 17, was lying face down in the rocks, bloody and broken. For two years Bonner served as the lead investigator of a team that went all over the state in hopes of solving the Salt Lake teen's murder.

"It's a case that's haunted me for almost my whole career," Bonner said."

The determined Bonner always remembered the case, never giving up hope. The case was reopened in 2006, when DNA advancements allowed them to analyze samples from the murder weapon (rock). In January 2013, a database known as CODIS found a match other than that of Krystal for a DNA sample. The matches name was Joseph M. Simpson. He had previously been sent to prison for a different murder, and was then a free man in the state of Florida. He is now sentenced to life without the chance of parole.
Simpson_100116_0.jpg

Krystal was a prostitute, many people did not care that her death occurred, as it is widely agreed that women who are in sex work are the scum of the Earth. All leads at the time were of so help or substance, so the case went cold for a long time.
download (5).jpeg

What do you think? Do prostitutes deserve justice in their cases? Did she get what was coming to her?

Juli

Dead Since 1999
A prostitute is still a person. Someone's daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin in other words they do still have people who love them and care about them. That said, yes prostitutes and their families deserve justice.
I agree, I feel like all people deserve justice and we cannot allow people to get away with crimes like this. I don’t believe her way of life was very helpful in her situation however.

succubus_brat

Until we bleed
People like to say that most pros’ are only there because of a pimp or some stupid garbage like that but a large majority of them now are voluntarily doing it to screw over other women and hustle men.
Whores like that don’t deserve any justice man, if they’re killed it’s because they’re knowingly putting their lives at risk by getting into cars with strangers for fuck money.

tyyp

Rookie
I agree, I feel like all people deserve justice and we cannot allow people to get away with crimes like this. I don’t believe her way of life was very helpful in her situation however.

aileen wuornes took justice in her own hand - which made her the way she went

tyyp

Rookie
she had been kicked around for years before she snapped - she was mental...

yes mental because of the abuse and abuse from own family
She crossed the line, but we need to understand these mental peoples are living among us too, maybe even someone in own family who knows
They dont do something that extreme, but many people are mentally unbalanced they just havent labeled clinically ill to be behind hospital doors, but mentally they break with small every day activities.
Not that everyone are really sick, just some turbulence in the system they dont know how to handle

Back