War Trudeo and the nice old NAZI grand father... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wiggins

Forum Veteran

You could not make this up...​

Canada’s parliament gives standing ovation to Nazi veteran in botched attempt at solidarity with Ukraine​

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky (L) and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrive at a signing ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on September 22, 2023. Picture: Patrick Doyle / POOL / AFPUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky (L) and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrive at a signing ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on September 22, 2023. Picture: Patrick Doyle / POOL / AFP
Jewish groups have condemned a standing ovation given by Canada’s parliament to a Ukrainian World War II veteran, who fought with the Nazi Waffen SS against Russia, which was meant to be a show of solidarity for visiting Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky.
Seemingly all members of Canada’s House of Commons on Friday (Saturday AEST) rose to their feet to pay tribute to 98 year old Yaroslav Hunka, who immigrated to Canada from Ukraine after the Second World War, for his efforts in fighting the Soviet Union in Ukraine.
“He is a Ukrainian hero, a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service,” said the House Speaker Anthony, who introduced him to the chamber, which also included Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Ukrainian president Zelesneky and his wife.

READ NEXT​

People wait to shake hands with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Ukrainian-Canadian rally at Fort York. Picture: KY Cheng/Getty Images/AFPPeople wait to shake hands with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Ukrainian-Canadian rally at Fort York. Picture: KY Cheng/Getty Images/AFP
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies, a Canadian Jewish group, in a statement on Sunday (Monday AEST) said the praise was “shocking” and demanded an apology.
“It is incredibly disturbing to see Canada‘s parliament rise to applaud an individual who was a member of a unit in the Waffen-SS, a Nazi military branch responsible for the murder of Jews and others and that was declared a criminal organisation during the Nuremberg Trials,” it said.
Yaroslav Hunka in the Canadian House of Commons. Picture: X (formerly Twitter)Yaroslav Hunka in the Canadian House of Commons. Picture: X (formerly Twitter)
Mr Hunka, who appeared to enjoy the approbation from more than 300 members of parliament, served in the First Ukrainian Division during WWII, which was also known as the Waffen-SS Galicia division.
Parts of Ukraine occupied by Germany during World War II, as in other European countries, collaborated with the Nazi regime, and provided troops for Hitler’s war effort against the Soviet Union, which ultimately prevailed.
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs in Canada said in a separate statement that it “stood firmly with Ukraine in its war against Russian aggression” but was “deeply troubled and disturbed”, pointing out that the relevant Nazi division “actively participated in the genocide of Jews”.
Canada’s opposition and Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilievre, who also applauded Mr Hunka, blamed prime minister Justin Trudeau’s office for deceiving the parliament.

“Liberals arranged for this Nazi veteran to be recognised on the floor of the House of Commons during the visit of the Ukrainian President,” he said in a statement on X.
“This is an appalling error in judgement on the part of Justin Trudeau, whose personal protocol office is responsible for arranging and vetting all guests and programming for state visits of this kind”.
Mr Rota, a member of Justin Trudeau’s Liberal Party, later “extended his deepest apologies to Jewish communities in Canada and around the world”.
“I wish to make clear that no one, including fellow parliamentarians and Ukraine delegation, was aware of my intention or of my remarks before I delivered them,” he wrote.
Mr Zelensky had travelled to Ottawa – his first visit to Canada since Russia’s February 2022 invasion – following meetings with world leaders in New York and Washington, where he met with President Joe Biden and congressional leaders in a bid to secure additional military and economic assistance.
“Moscow must lose once and for all. And it will lose,” Mr Zelensky said during his address to Canada’s parliament.
In his speech he linked the suffering of Ukrainians at the hands of Russia to a 1930s famine blamed on Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, which is estimated to have led to the deaths of millions of Ukrainians.
Mr Trudeau announced a further $C650 million in aid for Ukraine over the next three years and 50 military vehicles, part of around $C9 billion in total provided by Canada since the start of the war.

ADAM CREIGHTON

WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT
Adam Creighton is an award-winning journalist with a special interest in tax and financial policy. He was a Journalist in Residence at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business in 2019. He’s written ... Read more

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
I've stopped laughing at the stupid cunts that keep falling for all this nonsense. Now I'm at a point of having no respect for their ignorance and if they want to keep stoking this nonsense by going along with it then they should expect some dissenting opinions about it. What an absolute CIRCUS of bullshit!

Punisher_1

This user was banned
No one ran a background on this guy? Hard to believe

The funny thing is history..... seems people ignore or never learn it.

The Russians on more than one historical account have committed barbaric evil acts against the Ukrainian people. Starving or just slaughtering them. If you know anything about Russians in WW2 they are fucking savages, historically brutal to others and even there own population.

So if your country is invaded by people that are killing your people
Burning your crops, homes and towns
Starving you to death and or shooting your people and you have nothing to fight them what are you going to do?

Just give up and die?

No, if you have a spine you will choose to take the equipment and weapon of your enemies, enemy hence the German uniform and weapons. Was he a flaming NAZI slaughtering Jews and the like? I don't know maybe the guy was just trying to save the family, country and himself instead of filling a mass gave pit.

IntriguedByDeath

Forum Veteran
7yu0n6.jpg

Sauerkraut

Fermented Cabbage
Bunch of fucking twats so eager to virtue-signal to the world. Probably secretly pleased though; leftists are notorious anti-semites.
They are, but they like the money on offer. And about 20 some years ago, an evil communist Jew named George Soros bought influence and control with them. George Washington helped build the USA, Gyorgi Schwartz will help destroy it.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Chances are that they didn't twig to him being a Nazi Ukrainian from the Second World War and probably thought he was somehow connected to the current war, from what I've read the House Speakers' son organized the old guy's invite, dear old dad just got fucked by his entitled son & has now resigned. Makes me laugh at the current thoughts that Ukraine was the only country in Europe to have people that sided with the Nazis during WW2. During their occupation by the Germans, every country that was occupied by Nazis had their turncoats, the Serbians come up big & Vichy French, the 'Germans' the US fought at Normandy were a mixed Battalion from all over occupied Europe including Russians, that was 80 odd years ago, it's 2023, the Nazis are no longer under our beds or to be feared, there's bigger bed bugs out there now.

• Agree
Reactions: McM

Ralph666

Human Buzzard
Interesting..

This guy is the last remaining member of the SS, that is now The Azov Brigade.
Ukraine has German tanks.

The picture of Zelensky and the Canadian Govt ,giving a standing ovation to a Nazi must be making Putin smile.."

It nuts, but so in tune with previous events.

Dirlwanger

Revolt Against the Modern World
No one ran a background on this guy? Hard to believe

The funny thing is history..... seems people ignore or never learn it.

The Russians on more than one historical account have committed barbaric evil acts against the Ukrainian people. Starving or just slaughtering them. If you know anything about Russians in WW2 they are fucking savages, historically brutal to others and even there own population.

So if your country is invaded by people that are killing your people
Burning your crops, homes and towns
Starving you to death and or shooting your people and you have nothing to fight them what are you going to do?

Just give up and die?

No, if you have a spine you will choose to take the equipment and weapon of your enemies, enemy hence the German uniform and weapons. Was he a flaming NAZI slaughtering Jews and the like? I don't know maybe the guy was just trying to save the family, country and himself instead of filling a mass gave pit.
Are we talking about Russia's "barbaric evil" in WW2 or the ridiculous mistake that the canadian government made?
Your comments shows the level of ignorance you have about WW2 and the european affairs of then and now. Perhaps you should inform yourself what was the Galizien Division before you open your mouth, it has nothing to do with ukrainians defending themselves from Russia's menace.

I've stopped laughing at the stupid cunts that keep falling for all this nonsense. Now I'm at a point of having no respect for their ignorance and if they want to keep stoking this nonsense by going along with it then they should expect some dissenting opinions about it. What an absolute CIRCUS of bullshit!
I laughed so much🤣

Last edited:

Punisher_1

This user was banned
Are we talking about Russia's "barbaric evil" in WW2 or the ridiculous mistake that the canadian government made?
Your comments shows the level of ignorance you have about WW2 and the european affairs of then and now. Perhaps you should inform yourself what was the Galizien Division before you open your mouth, it has nothing to do with ukrainians defending themselves from Russia's menace.

I laughed so much🤣
View attachment 711087

You are trying to argue wrongs..... That was not the point at all. The response was in multiple parts. The failure of the Canadian Govt to clear this guy.
The lack of understanding of those desperate to live while a foe is genociding your country. Having to join a military to have a chance of survival.

So my understanding of history is solid, Nazi's bad, and the Communists even worse. Simply there were no good guys here just a lesser evil. That man chose the lesser evil. If you cannot see that you are the one that needs the lesson.

Dirlwanger

You are trying to argue wrongs..... That was not the point at all. The response was in multiple parts. The failure of the Canadian Govt to clear this guy.
The lack of understanding of those desperate to live while a foe is genociding your country. Having to join a military to have a chance of survival.

So my understanding of history is solid, Nazi's bad, and the Communists even worse. Simply there were no good guys here just a lesser evil. That man chose the lesser evil. If you cannot see that you are the one that needs the lesson.
C'mon Punisher lesser evil?...This guy served in a death squad, they killed everything that came their way, their mission wasn't defense but genocide.. A killer is a killer no matter what flag one sports.
With that train of thought you should be supporting the taliban too because they killed soviets. No bother Trudeau is gonna do it for you.

Punisher_1

This user was banned
C'mon Punisher lesser evil?...This guy served in a death squad, they killed everything that came their way, their mission wasn't defense but genocide.. A killer is a killer no matter what flag one sports.
With that train of thought you should be supporting the taliban too because they killed soviets. No bother Trudeau is gonna do it for you.

The Mujahideen was supported by the USA to kill the soviets aka communists.

Simply the enemy of my enemy is my friend. As for the war crime this guy may or may have not done, we have no idea. because the unit did things we don't know if he did. It's like blaming all cops for one bad cop.

In war there are many crimes but I know for sure the commies were there to slaughter everyone rape and take land. Why do so many Russians live in Ukraine?

Dirlwanger

The Mujahideen was supported by the USA to kill the soviets aka communists.

Simply the enemy of my enemy is my friend. As for the war crime this guy may or may have not done, we have no idea. because the unit did things we don't know if he did. It's like blaming all cops for one bad cop.

In war there are many crimes but I know for sure the commies were there to slaughter everyone rape and take land. Why do so many Russians live in Ukraine?
Wrong, this unit was created to kill, like the Einsatzgruppen, death squads. They didn't fought troops they were created to "clean" the house. Say those things to the poles and ukrainians and the whinning jews. Are we rewriting history now?
Russians live in ukraine because a third of Ukraine was russian. Why so many ukrainians live in Russia? because ukraine was and is a shithole, worst than Russia. A thousand times more.

Punisher_1

This user was banned
Eh history ......... Russian look like the baddies to me

1708: Russia Wins Control of Eastern Ukraine - During the Great Northern War, King Charles XII of Sweden detours into Ukraine as part of his ill-fated invasion of Russia and secures the support of the main Cossack leader at the time (though other Cossacks fight for Russia). The following year, Charles XII’s force is crushed at the Battle of Poltava, thereby cementing Russian control over the eastern half of Ukraine and, as Brain explains, marking the birth of the Russian empire.

1783: Catherine the Great Annexes Crimea - After a series of wars with the Ottoman Empire, Russian Czarina Catherine the Great annexes the Crimean peninsula and secures access to the strategically important Black Sea. At roughly the same time, Catherine finishes dissolving the Cossack Hetmanate (state) as part of what would become a long-running campaign to “Russify” Ukraine.

1795: Russia Gains Majority of Ukrainian Land - Poland and Lithuania cease to exist after a third and final partition divides up their lands between the Prussian, Austrian and Russian empires. Austria grabs a chunk of present-day Ukraine in the southwest, but Russia gains the vast majority of Ukrainian lands for the first time.

1812: Napoleon Invades - French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte marches though present-day Ukraine as part of his disastrous invasion of Russia.

Ukrainian Nationalist Movement​

1800s: Ukrainian Nationalist Movement - Nationalist movements spring up throughout Europe, and Ukraine is no exception. Pro-independence forerunners begin codifying and promoting the Ukrainian language, stressing Ukraine’s distinct culture and history, referring to themselves as Ukrainians for the first time, and, eventually, calling for self-rule. Russia responds with a series of repressive measures, including a decree that bans the publication of Ukrainian-language books and newspapers. “A Little Russian language never existed, does not exist, and never shall exist. Its dialects as spoken by the masses are the same as the Russian language,” a Russian directive declares in the 1860s.

1917: Ukraine Council Proclaims Right to ‘Order Their Own Lives’ - When the Russian Revolution breaks out, Ukraine’s newly formed Central Rada, a council of elected delegates, proclaims Ukraine to be a state within Russia, whose people should “have the right to order their own lives in their own land.”

1918: Short-Lived Independence - As Bolshevik forces close in, the Central Rada declares full independence for Ukraine. “The genie of independence was now out of the imperial bottle,” Plokhy writes. Ukraine then signs a peace treaty with the Central Powers in which it agrees to German and Austrian military intervention. As the Ukrainian government hoped, the Germans and Austrians succeed in driving back the Bolsheviks—at least until the signing of the World War I armistice compels their exit.

But they also meddle in Ukrainian affairs, overthrowing the Central Rada ("Council")and installing a pro-German puppet leader. That same year, a second, short-lived independence attempt fails in western Ukraine, this one quashed by newly re-formed Poland.

1919: Ukraine Divided Into Four Parts - In the aftermath of World War I, present-day Ukraine gets split into four parts. Russia retains by far the biggest share, while smaller bits are handed out to Poland, Romania and Czechoslovakia.

1921: End of Civil War - The Bolsheviks emerge victorious from a brutal civil war in which the Red Army, the White Army, Polish troops, Ukrainian nationalist troops and unaffiliated peasant militias run roughshod over present-day Ukraine, with Kiev changing hands multiple times and massacres committed on all sides.

1922: Incorporated Into Soviet Union - Ukraine is incorporated into the newly established Soviet Union.​

1932-33: Ukrainian Famine - Seeking to assert his control over Ukraine, Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin engineers a famine, known as the Holodomor, which results in an estimated 3.9 million Ukrainian deaths. Most scholars consider this to be a premeditated act of genocide. “The historical record is very clear,” Herrera says. “There’s a lot of documentation that Moscow knew exactly what was happening.”

1936-38: Great Purge - Stalin initiates a large-scale purge of perceived enemies from throughout the Soviet Union, including Ukraine, either executing them outright or shipping them off to Gulag labor camps.

macread

Well Known Member

You could not make this up...​

Canada’s parliament gives standing ovation to Nazi veteran in botched attempt at solidarity with Ukraine​

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky (L) and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrive at a signing ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on September 22, 2023. Picture: Patrick Doyle / POOL / AFPUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky (L) and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrive at a signing ceremony on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on September 22, 2023. Picture: Patrick Doyle / POOL / AFP
Jewish groups have condemned a standing ovation given by Canada’s parliament to a Ukrainian World War II veteran, who fought with the Nazi Waffen SS against Russia, which was meant to be a show of solidarity for visiting Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky.
Seemingly all members of Canada’s House of Commons on Friday (Saturday AEST) rose to their feet to pay tribute to 98 year old Yaroslav Hunka, who immigrated to Canada from Ukraine after the Second World War, for his efforts in fighting the Soviet Union in Ukraine.
“He is a Ukrainian hero, a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service,” said the House Speaker Anthony, who introduced him to the chamber, which also included Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Ukrainian president Zelesneky and his wife.

READ NEXT​

People wait to shake hands with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Ukrainian-Canadian rally at Fort York. Picture: KY Cheng/Getty Images/AFPPeople wait to shake hands with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Ukrainian-Canadian rally at Fort York. Picture: KY Cheng/Getty Images/AFP
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies, a Canadian Jewish group, in a statement on Sunday (Monday AEST) said the praise was “shocking” and demanded an apology.
“It is incredibly disturbing to see Canada‘s parliament rise to applaud an individual who was a member of a unit in the Waffen-SS, a Nazi military branch responsible for the murder of Jews and others and that was declared a criminal organisation during the Nuremberg Trials,” it said.
Yaroslav Hunka in the Canadian House of Commons. Picture: X (formerly Twitter)Yaroslav Hunka in the Canadian House of Commons. Picture: X (formerly Twitter)
Mr Hunka, who appeared to enjoy the approbation from more than 300 members of parliament, served in the First Ukrainian Division during WWII, which was also known as the Waffen-SS Galicia division.
Parts of Ukraine occupied by Germany during World War II, as in other European countries, collaborated with the Nazi regime, and provided troops for Hitler’s war effort against the Soviet Union, which ultimately prevailed.
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs in Canada said in a separate statement that it “stood firmly with Ukraine in its war against Russian aggression” but was “deeply troubled and disturbed”, pointing out that the relevant Nazi division “actively participated in the genocide of Jews”.
Canada’s opposition and Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilievre, who also applauded Mr Hunka, blamed prime minister Justin Trudeau’s office for deceiving the parliament.

“Liberals arranged for this Nazi veteran to be recognised on the floor of the House of Commons during the visit of the Ukrainian President,” he said in a statement on X.
“This is an appalling error in judgement on the part of Justin Trudeau, whose personal protocol office is responsible for arranging and vetting all guests and programming for state visits of this kind”.
Mr Rota, a member of Justin Trudeau’s Liberal Party, later “extended his deepest apologies to Jewish communities in Canada and around the world”.
“I wish to make clear that no one, including fellow parliamentarians and Ukraine delegation, was aware of my intention or of my remarks before I delivered them,” he wrote.
Mr Zelensky had travelled to Ottawa – his first visit to Canada since Russia’s February 2022 invasion – following meetings with world leaders in New York and Washington, where he met with President Joe Biden and congressional leaders in a bid to secure additional military and economic assistance.
“Moscow must lose once and for all. And it will lose,” Mr Zelensky said during his address to Canada’s parliament.
In his speech he linked the suffering of Ukrainians at the hands of Russia to a 1930s famine blamed on Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, which is estimated to have led to the deaths of millions of Ukrainians.
Mr Trudeau announced a further $C650 million in aid for Ukraine over the next three years and 50 military vehicles, part of around $C9 billion in total provided by Canada since the start of the war.

ADAM CREIGHTON

WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT
Adam Creighton is an award-winning journalist with a special interest in tax and financial policy. He was a Journalist in Residence at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business in 2019. He’s written ... Read more
That gay Canadian clown is introducing state censorship in Canada they are blocking anything they don't want the population to know. My sister who lives there says she can't read a lot of the stuff I put up now. I hope the fucker gets his one day soon and leaves the planet.

Back