Wisconsin police reportedly ran over and killed a woman they were visiting for a welfare check (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A police officer in Greenfield, Wisconsin, accidentally drove over the woman they were visiting for a welfare check, killing her, according to local media reports

The Milwaukee Medical Examiner confirmed that the woman who was hit and killed was Tracie Dorpat, 42, of Milwaukee, according to WISN.

The officer struck Dorpat at around 6:30 p.m. Thursday near 34th and Holmes in Greenfield, a suburb of Milwaukee, the police department said in a news release, WISN reported. Police have not identified the officer, but said the officer has been placed on administrative leave.

According to the news release, the officer was not aware that Dorpat was lying in the roadway when they ran her over.

The Greenfield Police Department did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Saturday.

Dorpat's daughter, Lexy Besaw, told WISN she doesn't understand how the officer missed seeing "three-fourths of a person" lying in the street.

"I see a squirrel in the car, I see cats all the time when I'm driving. I'll slam on my brakes," Besaw said.

Besaw told WISN a neighbor had called 911 after growing concerned with Dorpat's behavior.

The police department said officers called for an ambulance and took Dorpat to the hospital, believing her injuries were non-life-threatening, according to WISN.

The West Allis Police Department is the lead agency investigating the case with the Milwaukee Area Investigative Team and the Wisconsin State Patrol reconstructing the scene, police told the outlet. The Milwaukee County District Attorney's office is also conducting an independent review of the case.

Theseus

King Of Athens
What color is she? She might have blended in with the road 😂
8875C296-4B1C-4C29-B7BF-E6D7A45678F4.jpeg

Back