5 year-old boy shoots himself dead after babysitter leaves gun out, then goes to the bedroom to take (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

00Unkn0wn

Fresh Meat
A 5 year-old boy in Texas shot himself to death with his babysitter’s gun while she was napping. 19 year-old Melissa Ann Ringhardt of Vidor is being held in the Orange County Jail on a felony charge of abandoning or endangering a child, the county sheriff’s office said in a statement.

Ringhardt-313x350.jpg

Get this: She could face a sentence of only six months to two years if convicted.

12 News reports, “According to a news release from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Ringhardt had been living in the Read family home for the past few months. On Monday, Ringhardt was left in the home with 5-year-old John Read and another 6-month-old child belonging to Kayla and Joe Read.

Ringhardt told investigators that she was carrying a handgun on her person in the home that day because she was scared being at home alone. The handgun was a semi-automatic .40 caliber pistol. Ringhardt left the handgun on a coffee table in the living room and went to the bedroom to take a nap. When she was awakened from her nap, she noticed she didn’t see John around the house. She began looking until she found him deceased in the living room with the fatal gunshot wound.”

According to reports, the 6 month-old child was not harmed.

http://www.12newsnow.com/category

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Seems to be fairly well accepted the decibel level of 40 cal sw is 156. Not sure how accurate this part is, but i just read that an increase of 10 decibels means the sound has doubled in power. 140 db seems to be the going rate of a jet taking off. She is full of shit. Can't wait till we hear what actually happened.

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Totally irresponsible slut !! Girls would you take a nap whist the children were still up ??!! Then leave a loaded gun on the coffee table . I'm with you Major White - I'll bet she got sick of his tantrum and shot him . Now she's telling lies to hide the truth .

ZenZaku

This user was banned
When she woke up from her nap... meaning when the gun went off. I'm all for gun rights and all that but if you aren't going to be safe with the weapons you own, or if their are young children who don't fully comprehend what a firearm will do, you lock that shit up or leave it unloaded. Doesn't matter if you've told them to not touch this, which is a universal phrase telling kids to play with this thing.

Bipolar

Rotten Meat
The average 5 year old in Texas knows how to handle a handgun... his parents are probably out of state..anyway, i sure would like to see pics of his dead body or maybe the whole thing was caught on cctv... I'll keep my fingers crossed

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
The average 5 year old in Texas knows how to handle a handgun... his parents are probably out of state..anyway, i sure would like to see pics of his dead body or maybe the whole thing was caught on cctv... I'll keep my fingers crossed
No shit. If the kid popped himself, that would make a hell of a video.

VIIIXIII

Hush
Kids that are dumb enough to play with a gun and kill themselves, didn't belong in the gene pool. Parents that would hire the kind of 19 year old that would leave a fully loaded handgun out in the open while napping when she is supposed to be babysitting, don't deserve to have children.

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
Well judging by first impression, she's looks like a wonderful babysitter. The parents couldn't have known she was that irresponsible.. Are you picking up on my sarcasm yet??? What the fuck were the parents thinking? She looks like a disturbed Mcdonalds starved whore!! Shoot her, cane the parents..

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
I read the article again, as well as several other articles about it. It generally raised a ton of questions with no answers.

What was her relationship to the parents that they let her live there?
Why was she so scared to be alone that she needed a gun?
If you have your gun out for protection, why do you leave it in another room especially since sleeping is your weakest moment generally speaking?
Why was there no phone in the house, especially when a child is left in the care of someone other than its parents?
Why was there literally no back up plan for how to approach an emergency?
Why would you go an entire block to the grandparents house holding the kid, a bloody child is probably one of the things most people would offer you help with?

I would love to see an accurate timeline on when all this occurred. I would venture to guess quite a significant amount of time passed between the kids demise and her landing on the grandparents house.

Also, i just read that a typical 40 has a seven pound trigger pull. I dont have much experience with five year olds, or trigger poundage. I'm guessing a kid could fire a 7 lb pull pretty easy. What do you guys think, is it possible?

FallenSentry

The Relentless Cynic
Short Bussed
Sorry that you had a dumb bitch babysitter lil ' one.
RIP

This world is far too cruel to live in

Back