60th Anniversary of New Zealands' last hanging.. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ralph666

Human Buzzard
Walter Bolton

"When the sheriff gave the signal, the hangman moved the lever. There was a loud metallic clang as the trap door opened. Bolton disappeared from sight behind the tarpaulin.
Advertisement

"A prison warden released the rope while I supported the body. It looked about seven feet long, hanging there. The toes were almost touching the ground. The tongue was out of his mouth. When the rope was removed it slurped back into his mouth.
"I will never forget this experience."
Other stories later claimed Bolton's execution had gone horribly wrong.
Rather than having his neck broken the instant the trapdoor opened, they alleged Bolton slowly strangled to death.

Reads somewhat that strangulation might be the cause, if the got the measurement of the rope wrong.

spycosis

This user was banned
Couldn't they do a jubilee celebration by giving that Jacinda Bin Laden one last go on the ol gallows, in public ?
They could do a lottery to see who gets to pull the lever. It would raise billions for charity,

mrln

silent ghost
ok so he he suffered a bit and was strangled. who cares. the scumbag is dead for killing his wife. like she didnt suffer either?
these bleeding hearts are something else man. they are the same people who could ruin a wet dream!

D.O.A.

We are Kings
ok so he he suffered a bit and was strangled. who cares. the scumbag is dead for killing his wife. like she didnt suffer either?
these bleeding hearts are something else man. they are the same people who could ruin a wet dream!
Last guy here went to the gallows in 1967. Got me fucked why America bothers with chemical injections and electricity when a good old rope will do the job for a fraction of the cost.

Werwolf

Fresh Meat
I agree with posts. Capital punishment solves alot of problems. No recidivism, cheaper on taxpayers, actual justice for the victims. Rapists, child molesters especially & 1st degree murderers etc. really have no right to live IMO and most cant be rehabilitated anyway, . China while I hate their whole system has the right idea: court, guilty verdict, no 20 years on death row but out the back door and straight to the firing squad, $3 bullet, end pf problem.

mrln

silent ghost
Last guy here went to the gallows in 1967. Got me fucked why America bothers with chemical injections and electricity when a good old rope will do the job for a fraction of the cost.

i dont know bro.... the stupid politicians came up with those ideas.
rope and or firing squad. even guillotine.

Back