9 Bikers Dead In Waco (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
The whole thing stinks of set-up by the ATF in my opinion. First of all, this was a meeting of clubs as they have in every state, many times a year. Now as a former MC member, I can tell you that even if you have an issue with another club, you don't handle that business in events like this where there are many other clubs attending. Also, keep in mind there were tons of uniformed police and marked vehicles all over the fucking place as well as undercovers on plain view. You don't handle your business when there are cops and ATF all over the place. Second, the official version of events from the Waco PD already changed several times, as they saying there were more than 100 weapons recovered to now less than 50, with them including nail clippers and wallet chains as these weapons. So far I heard only ONE firearm was taken. Third, all 9 victims died from law enforcement bullets with many of them head shots and most likely the two not specified are from the back. How can you see a deadly brawl between dozens of heavily armed bikers not bringing one single death from it? The cops say they were returning fire as a reason to open fire of their own. You mean to tell me the bikers that were fighting with each other and were looking at all these cops and ATF with rifles and shit since their arrival all of a sudden decided to start shooting at the cops? And not a single cop, cop car, civilian cop car, civilians at the restaurant, civilians at the other restaurants, civilians walking by, tree, passing bird or Coca Cola can sitting by the corner got hit by a biker bullet?

This is another attempt by the AFT to ban MC affiliation altogether, much like the already mentioned case with the Mongols in California and the 81 in Canada. By the way, the Mongols are still active in California. I've seen them flying colors here in Florida with teh California rockers. The thing is they can't fly their colors in Cali or they get immediately arrested. In fact, they can't display anything that shows club membership or they get arrested.

I think it would be a mistake by the ATF to do open season on MCs. They can go after one or two clubs but if they try to wipe out clubs it will make them unite like never before against the common enemy, and that would be a really bad thing for both sides.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I think it would be a mistake by the ATF to do open season on MCs. They can go after one or two clubs but if they try to wipe out clubs it will make them unite like never before against the common enemy, and that would be a really bad thing for both sides.
In several Canadian cities we have similar laws about wearing colours that can lead to immediate arrest and siezure of bike or cage. This doesn't apply to all MC's, just the larger ones. It's all guilty by association.

As you mentioned, MC's don't like to take care of business in public if they can help it. They don't need the heat, the public outcry, and they are not interested in harming innocent bystanders.

There's something wrong about this Waco shootout. The ATF and the Waco police were patrolling outside long before the fighting started. Their biker task force people would have, should have, known that these 7 clubs gathering at the same spot had the potential to get ugly. But they sat back and watched as rival MC's began to arrive and enter the restaurant.

The ATF was prepared, locked and loaded and apparently just waiting for something to happen.

In Canadian cities such as Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, Bathurst, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. the cops know ahead of time if an MC is having a public meet. If rival MC's start to show up they don't allow them in and just turn them around. This came about after the 1990-1992 war ended.

I held 2 of my MC's higher Exec positions and was also our police liason. As such my job as liason was to contact the local police (usually was the same cop) and inform them if we were going to congregate somewhere or have a large club-wide function. The police took it from there and made sure rival clubs didn't "crash the party".

If we didn't have a liason to work with the cops (local, OPP, RCMP, SPVM, the SQ) then we would have had many Wacos.

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
In several Canadian cities we have similar laws about wearing colours that can lead to immediate arrest and siezure of bike or cage. This doesn't apply to all MC's, just the larger ones. It's all guilty by association.

As you mentioned, MC's don't like to take care of business in public if they can help it. They don't need the heat, the public outcry, and they are not interested in harming innocent bystanders.

There's something wrong about this Waco shootout. The ATF and the Waco police were patrolling outside long before the fighting started. Their biker task force people would have, should have, known that these 7 clubs gathering at the same spot had the potential to get ugly. But they sat back and watched as rival MC's began to arrive and enter the restaurant.

The ATF was prepared, locked and loaded and apparently just waiting for something to happen.

In Canadian cities such as Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, Bathurst, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. the cops know ahead of time if an MC is having a public meet. If rival MC's start to show up they don't allow them in and just turn them around. This came about after the 1990-1992 war ended.

I held 2 of my MC's higher Exec positions and was also our police liason. As such my job as liason was to contact the local police (usually was the same cop) and inform them if we were going to congregate somewhere or have a large club-wide function. The police took it from there and made sure rival clubs didn't "crash the party".

If we didn't have a liason to work with the cops (local, OPP, RCMP, SPVM, the SQ) then we would have had many Wacos.

Yep you understand the lifestyle so you can see something doesn't fit the description as being sold to the media by the law. We didn't have such a liason position. In fact, we had a strict rule not to speak with the law about anything. We even had people shot and killed and still would not speak to the law about it. Back when I was in we had some issues about territory as our rocker said United States but because of affiliations we never had any significant conflics, and a few years after I left the club I guess it was negotiated otherwise because they now wear State / City rockers.

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
7c4f8c6e8adc0616770f6a706700ba5f.jpg

A police officer recovers a shotgun while sweeping through the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant Tuesday, …

WACO, Texas (AP) — When gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a Texas restaurant, most of the leather-clad motorcycle riders watching the confrontation from the patio or inside immediately ran away from the shooting. A few tried to direct people to safety, crawling on all fours heading for cover.
One biker ran away with blood on his face, hands and torso. A woman could be heard screaming, "Oh my God!" Others yelled, "Get down!"

Restaurant security video reviewed exclusively by The Associated Press showed only one of the dozens of bikers recorded was seen firing a gun from the patio of the Twin Peaks restaurant where nine people were killed.

None of the nine video angles shows the parking lot.

Many of the bikers on tape are likely to have been arrested by Waco police, who rounded up about 170 people, charged them with felony engaging in organized criminal activity and set their bonds at $1 million.

Police spokesman Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton declined to comment about the video Wednesday. Swanton has said the people arrested were members of biker gangs with criminal elements that have been monitored by local authorities for months.

"They were not here to drink and eat barbecue," Swanton said earlier this week. "They came here with violence in mind."

The video shows bikers on the restaurant patio Sunday, ducking under tables and trying to get inside. At least three people can be seen holding handguns.

Before the shooting, the inside of the restaurant appears to be mostly empty. Bikers and other patrons can be seen walking to the windows facing the parking lot, where most of the shooting happened, when the confrontation was apparently underway.

When gunshots start at 12:24 p.m. on the video, most bikers, other patrons and staff immediately run away from the windows and into the restaurant's interior.

One camera angle shows bikers running into the men's bathroom. When there's no space left in the bathroom, they dash toward the kitchen.

The AP was shown the video Wednesday by representatives of the Twin Peaks franchise, who have said the fighting began outside the restaurant, not inside as police have said. The franchise has not released the video publicly, citing the ongoing investigation.

Video footage shows police with assault rifles entering the door about two minutes after the shooting begins. As two officers enter, bikers can be seen lying on the floor with their hands spread.

Before the shooting, at least 20 members of the Cossacks biker gang can be seen on the patio. Members of the Scimitars, Boozefighters and Leathernecks can also be seen on the tape. While no Bandidos are immediately visible, police and one member of that biker gang have said some of their members were at the event.

Among those arrested was Theron Rhoten, who showed up at the Twin Peaks restaurant for a regional motorcycle club meeting. But, according to his wife, he soon found himself in the middle of a deadly shootout involving scores of other bikers.

Katie Rhoten said her husband ran for cover and was later arrested, along with motorcycle-riding friends and other "nonviolent, noncriminal people."

Police have said that all those arrested were part of criminal motorcycle gangs, but only five of the nine people killed had criminal histories in Texas, based on court records and a search of their names in a database maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Police have acknowledged firing on armed bikers, but it is not clear how many of the dead were shot by gang members and how many were shot by officers.

Reactions: McM

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Yep you understand the lifestyle so you can see something doesn't fit the description as being sold to the media by the law. We didn't have such a liason position. In fact, we had a strict rule not to speak with the law about anything. We even had people shot and killed and still would not speak to the law about it. Back when I was in we had some issues about territory as our rocker said United States but because of affiliations we never had any significant conflics, and a few years after I left the club I guess it was negotiated otherwise because they now wear State / City rockers.
Not many have a liason in their ranks. I brought it up in church after me another Exec had 2 squad cars cut us off (one pulled infront and stopped while the other was beside us) and forced us into a curb. Luckily our scooters didn't get fucked into the other and we weren't injured as we ditched and landed on the grass, with 3 cops pointing their Glocks at us. Each of the 3 cops were rookies, and very pumped, but also very nervous. A wrong move and we'd both have been dead: all because these new guys thought their actions were based on "probable cause" and fully within the rights of law enforcement. Wrong.

Anyways, the liason idea stopped that sort of bullshit and the coppers were only informed when we were going to host a Council or other event/run that would bring a large number of our members as other clubs were watching. The police seemed to appreciate the liason and the heat and random pull-overs dropped drastically. Other than mtgs and runs, they weren't told or informed of anything else. They were fine with that - less work for them and less harrasment for us. We didn't like them anymore than another club but it was done to our advantage.

Our bottom rockers, like they almost always do, created bad blood with 2 other MC's. As if being a liason wasn't bad enough (while also holding 4th and 3rd Exec positions), I then was elected to be Negotiator for our club. After several sit downs each of us agreed to alter our bottom rockers. The oldest MC in town kept their original bottom rocker. Us and the other club (which we eventually kicked out of town) made adjustments. Everyone wants a piece of the pie and lay claim to it but the shootings, deaths, bombings, and prison were not condusive to TCB for any of us.

We don't have alot of MC's in this area since many smaller ones turned patch to one or the other while others retreated back to their own territory. I've been out of the scene for about 15 yrs and the clubs that currently exist in town still honor the rocker agreement from way back.

This shootout in Waco should never have been allowed to happen. But I doubt that the real story will ever come out.

Cheers bro

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
Fucking pigs offering to lower the 1 million bond to people in exchange for them to sign an affidavit saying they will not sue. If that is not extortion, I don't know what it is.

Toejam

Rookie
Ah! I live in Floriduh.. I saw an autopsy on this dude anddddd it was all from a biker shoot out that happened. Too much bike stuff here. Bike week. Biketober.

Back