Amy Winehouse dead at 27 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
British singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse was a phenomenon: a Jewish girl from a London suburb with a retro beehive, a devil-may-care attitude and a voice that channeled Aretha Franklin and Ruth Brown. Music industry figures on both sides of the Atlantic hung their hopes on her, and her breakout album, "Back to Black," did not disappoint, selling millions of copies.

Less than a decade after her emergence as an original talent, she was more likely to be mentioned in the company of pop music's tragedies — artists like Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix, whose self-destructive habits led to their deaths at the age of 27.

Winehouse, a five-time Grammy winner whose distinctive fusion of jazz and soul influenced other young artists, was found dead in her London home Saturday. Like Cobain and the others, she was 27.

The cause of death was not immediately known, but she had sought treatment, as recently as last month, for health problems that have been reported to include drug and alcohol abuse and early-stage emphysema.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-amy-winehouse-20110724,0,5485625.story

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
I saw her on a panel show a couple of years ago, she was drunk, rude and obnoxious. Great voice but not nice to look at, even before the drink/drugs.

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
Close your eyes and imagine being in a smoky dive someplace. Credit where it's due, this version's pretty good.

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
I tried to start this thread the moment it happened and the fucking forum was down!!!!!!!:rage:

They keep stealing my thunder! Ok Amy is dead. Meh.

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
I tried to start this thread the moment it happened and the fucking forum was down!!!!!!!:rage:

They keep stealing my thunder! Ok Amy is dead. Meh.

What, you were in the room the moment she expired or something? Props etc.

Back