An Ohio man convicted in the fatal shooting of two teens he found smoking marijuana inside a vehicle in ohio (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnnyboy27290

Forum Veteran
An Ohio man has been convicted in the fatal shooting of two teens he found smoking marijuana inside a vehicle in his garage.

By Associated Press

An Ohio man has been convicted in the fatal shooting of two teens he found smoking marijuana inside a vehicle in his garage.

Victor Santana, 65, of Dayton will be sentenced later this month after being convicted of murder and felonious assault on Thursday.

Santana shot the two 17-year-olds when he found them inside his detached garage late at night in August 2019, authorities said.

He wanted to use the state’s new “stand your ground” defense but a judge ruled earlier this year that it couldn't be applied retroactively to the killings of Devin Henderson and Javier Harrison.

His attorney, Lucas Wilder, said Santana saw them go through his front gate and was afraid they were going to come into his house so he got his gun and went outside to find them.

Santana didn’t know whether they had weapons or were going to attack him, Wilder said during the trial.

“In that moment, fear hits him and he decides to shoot,” he said, according to the Dayton Daily News.

Ja’shin Gibson — who was with the teens but was not injured and hid under the car — testified that Santana opened the door and fired shots into the vehicle without warning.

My question is what the actual fuck are you doing smoking in some dudes car isn't there a million fucking other places too smoke I get it's winter but dawm....View attachment 560735
Well if he was scared they may of had a gun or were going to go into his house the safest place would be IN the house. What would you go out side for? He should of stayed inside the house in a strategic location and called the police. Sounds like he was blood hungry because some kids were trespassing on his property. I say he got what he deserved.

DropOfVenom

Meatmonger
I get they were tresspassing and this is America but this is a great example of how NOT EVERYONE NEEDS A BLOODY GUN. Soooooo many other things could have happened to prevent these deaths. For starters, opening up your damn mouth and using those language skills our species sacrificed almost everything to develop.

Johnnyboy27290

Forum Veteran
We did stupid shit as kids, but we knew the only person who would potentially confront us with a gun would be the local farmer... those dumasses should have known better than to go into someone else's property, I can fully understand why the old man was scared, and as far as he was concerned they were there to rob or attack him
I feel if he was scared he should of stayed inside and called the police. Most scared people don't go chasing trouble or a threat. And if they were going to steal the car I say let them steal it I don't feel it's worth killing Someone over. The car is probably insured anyways and If not it ain't probably worth much anyways. Now look at him over what? People can't just pulling guns and shooting people just because someone's on your property.
I get they were tresspassing and this is America but this is a great example of how NOT EVERYONE NEEDS A BLOODY GUN. Soooooo many other things could have happened to prevent these deaths. For starters, opening up your damn mouth and using those language skills our species sacrificed almost everything to develop.
I agree with you atleast partially he should of made a better attempt to drive them off his property or maybe even fire a warning shot or the best thing would be to stay inside and call the police. but guns don't kill stupid people with guns kill. It's not the guns fault its the operator's fault.

DropOfVenom

Meatmonger
I feel if he was scared he should of stayed inside and called the police. Most scared people don't go chasing trouble or a threat. And if they were going to steal the car I say let them steal it I don't feel it's worth killing Someone over. The car is probably insured anyways and If not it ain't probably worth much anyways. Now look at him over what? People can't just pulling guns and shooting people just because someone's on your property.

I agree with you atleast partially he should of made a better attempt to drive them off his property or maybe even fire a warning shot or the best thing would be to stay inside and call the police. but guns don't kill stupid people with guns kill. It's not the guns fault its the operator's fault.
Only place I know you can shoot someone for just being on your property is Texas (born and raised) but I am pretty sure you have to announce yourself first and give them time to you know leave. Otherwise it's just murder. Imagine being an Amazon driver or Girl Scout and someone just clocked you for approaching their door.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Well if he was scared they may of had a gun or were going to go into his house the safest place would be IN the house. What would you go out side for? He should of stayed inside the house in a strategic location and called the police. Sounds like he was blood hungry because some kids were trespassing on his property. I say he got what he deserved.

"Should have". He should have stayed in his house and lured them in with munchies before shooting them. Perhaps they should have offered him some weed.
Only place I know you can shoot someone for just being on your property is Texas (born and raised) but I am pretty sure you have to announce yourself first and give them time to you know leave. Otherwise it's just murder. Imagine being an Amazon driver or Girl Scout and someone just clocked you for approaching their door.

Announcing yourself is just a formality I suppose. Who is going to dispute that as long as you make sure they can't?

Mateo1

Personal and national security aficionado.
I wouldn't recommend that anyone use deadly force to protect property -- that is what large cans of pepper spray are for -- but this incident does send a useful message to all the teenage punks out there. There are people out there who are (1) armed with knives or guns and are (2) crazy enough or hot-tempered enough to use those against you regardless of any laws. So there should always be at least a little bit of hesitation in the minds of current and future adolescent thugs when they are thinking about messing with somebody's property.

morefiend

Driving Roughshod
18AE9949-1AFD-41ED-97CB-B473CDB65584.jpeg

I told you damn people marijuana cigarettes kill. Ask Jesus for forgiveness.

Holy shit, this queen smokes dick AND blows a smoke deck! Don't see that everyday day.:blegh:
;)Whoops, sorry zerok...didn't mean to repeat ya.
;)Whoops, sorry zerok...didn't mean to repeat ya.

Back