Belarus Election Protests: Police Use Violence as Scare Tactic (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

G

Internet Warrior
After the obviously rigged election which saw president Alexander Lukashenko re-elected with an 80% landslide victory, protesters have growing in numbers and police tactics have been getting more violent.
The state has arrested more than 6000 people so far, the vast majority for simply being out on the street, and there has so far been 2 deaths in custody (official figures). Many more have suffered beatings from violence used by the police in an effort to scare people off the streets. Arrests happen in front of large crowds, with many witnesses, to intimidate onlookers.

There has been attempts to stop news being reported, and the press have been targeted by police and subject to beatings.

Story: Belarus protests: more than 6,000 arrested, says interior ministry

Some videos from the past few days, not in any particular order as I just grabbed them whenever I came across anything.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Putin will take it back soon, just like the Crimea.
Lukashenko will finally lose when that's ready.

Like Justinian restoring the Western Empire, that's how Putin sees himself imo.

G

Internet Warrior
Putin will take it back soon, just like the Crimea.
Lukashenko will finally lose when that's ready.

Like Justinian restoring the Western Empire, that's how Putin sees himself imo.
Agreed. The country is like a time capsule hiding a communist infrastructure, the state owns practically everything, and everyone works for the state companies.
Putin must have some leverage already, you don't stay in power for that long, in a so called 'democracy', without powerful allies.

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
Agreed. The country is like a time capsule hiding a communist infrastructure, the state owns practically everything, and everyone works for the state companies.
Putin must have some leverage already, you don't stay in power for that long, in a so called 'democracy', without powerful allies.
He just poisons anyone who is a threat...

G

Internet Warrior
So Lukashenko was sworn in for another term, very low key, to try to keep it away from the news I suppose, but this just led to more protests. Water cannons and tear gas were out as the police stepped up efforts to disperse people.

Despite some of the horror stories coming out of Belarus recently (secret police kidnappings and torture allegedly), the protesters refuse to give in. A couple of vids from yesterday:

G

Internet Warrior
Footage leaked a couple of days ago showing 'Karaev's Punishers' attacking and detaining people sheltering from the rain. Their nickname refers to the internal affairs minister Yuri Karaev.

Abyss

Well Known Member
i remember reading somewhere that when the german foreign affairs guy who is openly gay called him "the last european dictator" he replied "better to be a dictator than a fag"

gottem.

G

Internet Warrior
i remember reading somewhere that when the german foreign affairs guy who is openly gay called him "the last european dictator" he replied "better to be a dictator than a fag"

gottem.
Soviets and Germans will forever despise each other.
Plus the Russians love to gaybash the rest of the EU.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Russians love to gaybash the rest of the EU
giphy.gif

ASU-85

Forum Veteran

gottem.
Russia and Germany seem to get on well when gas is involved nord 2.

Last edited:

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Ya Know! If Six Thousand People were there! All they woulda needed was a little Organization! And they coulda took it to the Cops and Fkd Their Shit Up! If their Killing People, I'd say it's On MFKRS! Lmfao...SP

Back