Warning:Children (CHILD)Little Girl Flies a Kite(/CHILD) (1 Viewer)

Warning

Users who are viewing this thread

RebelFX

Now, I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
Fuckin crazy
Info below

A kite-flying festival turned terrifying in Taiwan on Sunday when a 3-year-old girl became entangled in tail of giant kite and sent flying high into the air.

The international kite festival was being held in the city of Hsinchu, south of the capital Taipei. Video of the accident, which circulated widely on social media, show several people preparing the large long-tailed pale orange kite for flight next to a crowd of viewers. The kite is already billowing from the strong wind.

Then, the organizers let the kite go – and it flies up, along with a toddler dangling from its tail. It’s not clear how close she was to the kite on the ground, or how she got caught in it.

Screams can be heard in the video as the child is lifted high into the air, being swung about wildly by the kite and wind. She was airborne for about 30 seconds before the kite was pulled low enough for audience members to grab and release her.

She was immediately rushed to the hospital with her mother and festival staffers, but miraculously only suffered minor injuries with abrasions to her face and neck, according to Taiwan’s government-run Central News Agency. She has since been discharged and is home with her family.

In a statement on Facebook, Hsinchu Mayor Lin Chih-chien apologized for the incident, and said the festival was immediately suspended to ensure attendees’ safety.

“We will review the circumstances to prevent accidents like this from happening again, and hold people accountable,” he said.

The wind at the festival on Sunday afternoon was unusually strong, reaching a 7 on the Beaufort Scale – meaning wind speeds ranged from 32 to 38 miles per hour (50 to 61 kilometers per hour), according to CNA. That’s just one tier below one tier below gale-level winds on the scale.

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
kite.jpg

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
This should be a new Olympic event.

Flying Tykes on Spiraling Kites.

This one will serve as the benchmark for a perfect 10. Height, time aloft, stunts performed, and clothing peed.

eksy

Reject conformity, embrace cringe.
She will hear this story again and again at every family gathering. Every bf/gf she brings home will hear this story. Every classmate. Every neighbor. She will curse this damn kite for creating her best life story before she could make one herself, because, well, whatever she does in the future, it won't beat the kite ride.

mynameILZ

Bark at tha 🐮 moooo….n
I'm impressed the little girl hanged on that long
Asians do everything the same as everyone else, they just work 50% harder and longer. She would’ve held on longer if she wasn’t caught up in mid air, probably the whole kite festival. Don’t let the fact that she’s so young fool you. These people work harder than border jumpers but get degrees at Brown and Caltech or some other Ivy League or world renowned institution. shit I forgot this was a gore site for a second. Why is this story getting circulated here. She didnt fall down and go bang or splat!? JS I guess it’s kinda scary

Back