daddy beats baby to death trying to turn her gay (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
FLINT, MI -- An attorney called his client "deranged" just before a judge sentenced the man to prison for biting and beating his two-year-old daughter to death in what officials said was an attempt to make her gay.

Genesee Circuit Judge Joseph J. Farah said Monday, July 21, that the allegations against Donovan Lamar Haynes were "astonishing" and among the most unconscionable he's heard during his time on the bench.

Haynes, 23, was sentenced Monday to 18 years, 9 months to 40 years in prison after pleading no contest to second-degree murder for the beating death of his daughter, Ti'Airra Woodward. A no contest plea is not an ADMISSION of guilt but is treated as such at sentencing.

Farah also sentenced him to serve a concurrent 5-15 years in prison for first-degree child abuse.

The sentence was agreed to by both sides as part of the plea agreement.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said the victim's family was in agreement with the agreement.

Before Farah handed down his sentence, he read briefly from a pre-sentence investigation report that outlined the circumstances surrounding the girl's death.

The report claimed that Haynes beat the girl in an attempt to turn her gay in hopes that she would avoid men like him, who had a history of treating women poorly.

"You don't beat her in hopes she's going to turn gay," Farah said, adding that Haynes should have used his own life experience to teach his daughter how to avoid problem men.

The judge said Haynes also beat the girl in an attempt to toughen her up.

However, Farah added Haynes' actions made it so no one would ever have to worry about the girl being tough.

"Dad took care of that," Farah said. "He took care of it in one fell swoop."

Ti'Airra was pronounced dead at Hurley Medical Center after she stopped breathing at a home on Donal Drive in Flint Township in what police call a child abuse case.

A medical examiner's report indicated she died of internal bleeding from a lacerated liver.

Adult human bite marks were also found all over the girl's body, police said.

Prosecutors said Ti'Airra was found unresponsive in the basement of Haynes' mother's Flint Township home.

Attorney Elbert Hatchett, who represented Haynes, had strong words for the man he was hired to represent.

"This case is a case that defies reason, logic, common sense," Hatchett said. "(It's a) tragedy to see the life of an innocent child snuffed out for no reason at all."

Hatchett said Haynes is "deranged" and that he needs to undergo PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING while in prison.

"I don't have any sympathy for him," Hatchett said of his client. "Hopefully, judge, he will repent."

Ti'Airra's mother, Nakeesha Woodward, left the court in tears after briefly addressing Farah before Haynes was sentenced. She returned to the courtroom in time to hear her daughter's killer get sentenced to prison.

"I lost a child," a tearful Woodward said as she lobbied Farah for a stiff maximum sentence.

State sentencing guidelines would have allowed Haynes to be sentenced to more than 31 years in prison if a jury convicted him of second-degree murder, according to Farah.

Haynes also initially faced charges of open murder, first-degree murder and torture that could have earned him life in prison without parole if convicted.

Before being sentenced to prison, Haynes attempted to withdraw his no contest plea.

Haynes told Farah that he felt his attorney could have secured a plea agreement that included less prison time.

He addressed the court briefly before Farah handed down his sentence, thanking his family for their support and the court's time in hearing his case.

Hatchett, however, said that his client was being pressured by family members to take the case to trial rather than go forward with the plea agreement.

"There is no likelihood -- none -- that he would be found not guilty by a jury of his peers," Hatchett said.

However, Leyton said his office pursued the plea agreement after flaws developed with the case.

"We had some concerns about the testimony of a key witness," Leyton said.

Farah refused to let Haynes withdraw his plea, saying that a withdrawal was not in the interest of justice.

"I felt that he was playing with the court," Woodward said. "He has no remorse."

-f5b67825df6dc44f.JPG

Ti%27Airra-Woodward_opt-1.jpg

Kyuss

All the animals come out at night
I have a two year old girl who i adore and this is unthinkable for me, how a father can do this to his own daughter, i hope he is not isolated and is in gen pop and gets raped and beaten and anything else that might make his life in there more hellish, dirty bastard!

Cheesy Lice

Calm Your Tits
What?! Why!?

"The report claimed that Haynes beat the girl in an attempt to turn her gay in hopes that she would avoid men like him, who had a history of treating women poorly."

How, in his fucked up mind, did he actually think this would work? Also, wtf was mom thinking, leaving her with him? She should be charged with negligence.

Maybe this is just an excuse, hoping he would be deemed insane. He most likely just beat her to death. Either way.... DEATH.

snatch

looks like flint draws babby beaters;

Hours after Ti’Airra’s lifeless body was found, a 2-year-old boy living six miles away in Flint was found severely beaten in an unrelated case.

Michael Wilkerson Jr. was taken from an apartment on Yorkshire Drive in critical condition Sunday night after neighbors heard the child’s screams and called 911. Police found severe injuries to his back, legs and head.

The boy was listed in critical condition Sunday but is expected to recover, police said.
Michael Levell Wilkerson, 37, and Gwendolyn Lorraine Thomas, 25, both of Flint, were charged Wednesday with first-degree child abuse in the critical beating of Wilkerson’s son.
Wilkerson and Thomas could face up to 15 years in prison.

“It is a very sad and tragic set of circumstances for my office to be called upon to review two separate police reports in one day involving the assault of two young children, each 2 years of age and each being the victim of their very own father,” said Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
Give me 10 minutes, no.....5 minutes with him.....he will no longer be wasting air.......

Alyx

Rookie
I don't have children but this turned my stomach. Out of all the stuff I see on here.....its the kids that get me.

snatch

appeals will most likely include mental state at time of crime and this guy definitely has crazy down pat. also, with an 18+ yr sentence for 2nd degree murder, he could be out in just a few years. time served+days for good behavior = he may see as little as 7 more years hard time. if he get,s spun to a mental institute, he,ll be drugged and watching tv all day drinking sunny-d and day dreaming to his shrink about how he got so fucked up as to allow himself such debauchery. be out in...5 mebbe. with his nuts, which should be taken from him at the very least.

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
He doesn't need prison. He needs his diseased brain carefully removed from his body and carefully studied so that doctors could figure out what problem causes this sort of thing, screen for it, and castrate or euthanize these bastards before they have a chance to reproduce. While they're at it, do the mother's as well. Too many stupid baby mamas out there letting this happen.

Man, we destroyed the Nazis too soon. We should have kept them around just for this sort of thing. Can you imagine what sort of benefits their effed-up experiments could have had upon mankind? Don't give them anyone innocent. Just these types of heinous creeps to dissect and examine under various circumstances. The benefits would have been endless.

snatch

He doesn't need prison. He needs his diseased brain carefully removed from his body and carefully studied so that doctors could figure out what problem causes this sort of thing, screen for it, and castrate or euthanize these bastards before they have a chance to reproduce. While they're at it, do the mother's as well. Too many stupid baby mamas out there letting this happen.

Man, we destroyed the Nazis too soon. We should have kept them around just for this sort of thing. Can you imagine what sort of benefits their effed-up experiments could have had upon mankind? Don't give them anyone innocent. Just these types of heinous creeps to dissect and examine under various circumstances. The benefits would have been endless.
are you high

Equal Hater

Unbannable by decree!
This is the problem we have here. The current judicial system should be reserved for humans. Animals like this should be taken out onsite. You see that piece of shit, look at what he has done, take your weapon out and put one in the back of their head. I could do that to that piece of shit while eating a sandwich, and go take a nap afterwards.

Fantasic

Walking talking contradiction
How can someone's world view be so far from reality? Well done America, you have gone and surprised me again ;)

Anal Anus

Profound and smelly lore
He probably wanted this to have some sort of sexual deviance satisfied. Bastard. I hope the inmates turn him gay with pointed and sharpened spoons.

Back