murder Death penalty (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

So the other night there was a group of us debating over the death penalty in the states and which state does and does not have it anymore. But then it became a deeper conversation because it got on to the morals of right and wrong. If you are sentencing a fellow human to death for his or her crimes does that not make the judicial system a murderer also as they are carrying out exactly what that person has just carried out with the same intention to end another life. Yet they are justifying that it is the right thing to do under the law to take another life as they have restricted someone of their life. So technically using the law to cover up a crime and then justify it, When instead of just restricting their life by locking them up for the rest of theirs so that they would never see freedom again would be a more moral act to carry out.

I would like to see others' points on this as neither side of our debate could justify the cause and the means, Are we simply over

So the other night there was a group of us debating over the death penalty in the states and which state does and does not have it anymore. But then it became a deeper conversation because it got on to the morals of right and wrong. If you are sentencing a fellow human to death for his or her crimes does that not make the judicial system a murderer also as they are carrying out exactly what that person has just carried out with the same intention to end another life. Yet they are justifying that it is the right thing to do under the law to take another life as they have restricted someone of their life. So technically using the law to cover up a crime and then justify it, When instead of just restricting their life by locking them up for the rest of theirs so that they would never see freedom again would be a more moral act to carry out.

I would like to see others' points on this as neither side of our debate could justify the cause and the means, Are we simply overthinking the whole process, or do you see it in the same way.
I'm a strong advocate for the death penalty. If you had enough filth and malice in you to kill someone then I believe you should be wiped out of existence.

WickedMal

🖤 Death 🖤
Super Moderator
All criminals on death row should be culled ASAP, instead of wasting tax payer dollars to keep them alive for years and years. I'm not saying I totally support the death penalty(I'd like to see them suffer for years and years in solitary), but if the law of the state is to execute them, then don't waste any time.

14ZombiE88

The one you were warned about.
15 plus years? "Fast" lol you know what is even faster? 1. You get sentenced to life (at least 25+ years up to 50) 2. 3 days tops later you are serving you first day at hard labour on a cozy prison farm with no tv or snack foods.
Faster would be a conviction, followed immediately by a short stroll to the back of the courthouse where gallows await.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
All criminals on death row should be culled ASAP, instead of wasting tax payer dollars to keep them alive for years and years. I'm not saying I totally support the death penalty(I'd like to see them suffer for years and years in solitary), but if the law of the state is to execute them, then don't waste any time.
Should be like the old days in Russia, court finishes and you're shot in the back of the head about 5 minutes later.

Shotgun Nose Job

This user was banned
If you’re man enough to kill another man and you’re dumb enough to get caught then you deserve to die the same way you took that life… I’m solid as fuck on the eye for an eye deal

IkeaPsyco

Forum Veteran
Luckily i live in a country where that practice is seen as barbaric, primitive, and outdated.

In my opinion the only justification for that practice, is people who are too dangerous to ever let back out.
They are a costly affaire and a burden to the country.

And in a country like us with so much corruption, an extremly poor recidivism rate, too many innocent executed and jailed, a terrible percentage of crimes solved, its weird that the finger on the killswitch is not light.

Back