dutch couple kidnapped in yemen (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

HS

Forum Veteran
pleading for their life. dead in 10 days?

translation:

"my name is boudewijn berendsen, and i am judith spiegel. and we are kidnapped.
and we have a huge problem. we have talked to the ambassador to get out of this.
till now nothing is happened. no movement.

we were given 10 days. no result.these guys are armed. if theres no solution we will be killed in 10 days.
we are very very scared and there must be a solution.

we call everyone in nl to help. family help, media, people help.. do something (cry )
we wont get out of this if we are dead in 10 day (cry)"

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
yemens the last place regular white folks should go. going there is asking for it. i hope they get outta there somehow.

Yeah. I have no clue what the hell they were doing in Yemen. There are nice places to go to in the Middle East actually, but Yemen is not one of them. It's the poorest country in the region and almost ground zero for crazed religious insurgents. Not a smart move at all going there.

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
Yeah. I have no clue what the hell they were doing in Yemen. There are nice places to go to in the Middle East actually, but Yemen is not one of them. It's the poorest country in the region and almost ground zero for crazed religious insurgents. Not a smart move at all going there.
well, im planning my next vacation in somalia. :nig:

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
I wanted to visit Syria (before the civil war...) and still want to visit Iran, but places like Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia... yeah, I'll stay away from the places that are completely lawless and 100% corrupt and where a book literally means more than a life.

Reactions: HS

HS

Forum Veteran
I dont know why they were kidnapped or on what conditions they'd be released.They don't say it in the media.I doubt it's just money though or they wouldnt try to get as much publicity.

But the woman is a journalist, she was reporting there.
The two even lived there for the last couple years.. idk what to say about that except that they are dumb.

Idk how these things normally end, but I guess we'll see in a couple weeks..

MawlinRogue

Prodigal Son
This user was banned
Judith Spiegel and her husband may have been kidnapped by local tribes or terrorist group like Al-Qaeda. The former is a reporter with Mirrors. Why do people go to such remote places where Government can do nothing? and they are seen as high-value targets for ransom?

datdutchguy

putting bags over heads.
Short Bussed
That sucks im from Holland im expecting theyre gonna act upon this, i havent watched the news yet today i wonder if this will be shown in the public news but probably not hopefully we can do something about this or this is gonna be the first excecution in foreign country of dutch people in a long long while...

On another note though wtf where they doing in a fucked up country like yemen..

rundown

Registered Offender
But,,,, their travel agent made it sound soooooo nice and they got a great deal on a room at the Yemen Holiday Inn !! What could go wrong ??

:umuhammadbro:

Reactions: Bet

C_R

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I dont know why they were kidnapped or on what conditions they'd be released.They don't say it in the media.I doubt it's just money though or they wouldnt try to get as much publicity.

But the woman is a journalist, she was reporting there.
The two even lived there for the last couple years.. idk what to say about that except that they are dumb.

Idk how these things normally end, but I guess we'll see in a couple weeks..

Usually it ends in death because some governments refuse to be blackmailed. Once they send out a statement like this the kidnappers get restless and there's a higher chance of the hostages being killed. It's stupid to give them such a short amount of time.. 10 days is nothing.

Reactions: HS

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
Yeah, generally civilized countries dont "negotiate with terrorists". I would assume their chances are slim and none...

Back