accident Electric bike on fire in the elevator (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
I remember we had pics of people here who got badly burnt by cellphone batteries; somehow I couldn't believe that.

This video shows it impressively though. :tu:
Which stuff or process in the battery accelerates the fire this much?

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
I remember we had pics of people here who got badly burnt by cellphone batteries; somehow I couldn't believe that.

This video shows it impressively though. :tu:
Which stuff or process in the battery accelerates the fire this much?
Lithium battery fire behavior.
Lithium batteries are capable of spontaneous ignition and subsequent explosion due to overheating. Overheating may be caused by electrical shorting, rapid discharge, overcharging, manufacturers defect, poor design, or mechanical damage, among many other causes. Overheating results in a process called thermal runaway, which is a reaction within the battery causing internal temperature and pressure to rise at a quicker rate then can be dissipated.

Once one battery cell goes into thermal runaway, it produces enough heat to cause adjacent battery cells to also go into thermal runaway. This produces a fire that repeatedly flares up as each battery cell in turn ruptures and releases its contents. The result is the release of flammable electrolyte from the battery and, in the case of disposable lithium batteries, the release of molten burning lithium. An enormous issue is that these fires can’t be treated like “normal” fires and require specific training, planning, storage, and extinguishing interventions.
The Angry Pixies escape from their little prison.

Last edited:

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
Shrimp fried guys.

1643563538600.png

McM

ARSELING
Lithium battery fire behavior.
Lithium batteries are capable of spontaneous ignition and subsequent explosion due to overheating. Overheating may be caused by electrical shorting, rapid discharge, overcharging, manufacturers defect, poor design, or mechanical damage, among many other causes. Overheating results in a process called thermal runaway, which is a reaction within the battery causing internal temperature and pressure to rise at a quicker rate then can be dissipated.

Once one battery cell goes into thermal runaway, it produces enough heat to cause adjacent battery cells to also go into thermal runaway. This produces a fire that repeatedly flares up as each battery cell in turn ruptures and releases its contents. The result is the release of flammable electrolyte from the battery and, in the case of disposable lithium batteries, the release of molten burning lithium. An enormous issue is that these fires can’t be treated like “normal” fires and require specific training, planning, storage, and extinguishing interventions.
The Angry Pixies escape from their little prison.
Thanks msr; didn't know that.
I want to buy an e-bike this summer and I think I won't park it in the garage where are moped, oil, and some liters of fuel, cleaners, etc. stored.
And I'll take no cheap Chinese shit! But who knows where the 'good' brands let their batteries produce? I have to research that.

Back