Fireworks deliver a Darwin Award. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
It's time for another Good Idea/Bad idea.
Good Idea: fireworks in the sky.
Bad idea: fireworks on your head.
Good-idea-bad-idea.jpg

o-DEVON-STAPLES-570.jpg

In Calais, Maine, some dipwad named Devon Staples thought that it would be a cognizant, reflective and otherwise awesome thing to do to strap a mortar tube to his head. I don't know exactly how the fireworks themselves went; but at least his head exploded.

"There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there," said 25-year-old Cody Staples, who called it an accident.

"Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid."--Oh clearly.--"He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh," he said.

No one was laughing this time.

Staples, 22, of Calais, a small city on the Canadian border, placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it, said Steven McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. But Mr. Staples' friends urged him to stop.

"Apparently, he thought that was a great idea," McCausland said. "His friends thought they dissuaded him from doing it, and the next thing they knew, he ignited the fireworks and he was killed instantly."

I would kill for the images.

Here's the link to the article: http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-shoots-off-firework-top-head-dies-135937499.html

PowerDrill

Recovering Lurker
"There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there," Staples, 25, told the New York Daily News.

That must have been one hell of a firework. From what I heard by Disney Orlando visitors, he was a really great guy to hang with and one hell of an actor to stay in character at almost all times. I'm just hoping for his sake of reputation that he was drunk or out of his mind when he decided to that. Either way, I had a huge feeling that someone was going to die this July 4th.

Back