Florida Cam. Watch Hatching and Raising of Bald Eagles (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
How cute is that!
No no touching...
:lulz:
I tried to show you this video yesterday and had no luck. It didn't work, the time expired, and the vid went nowhere... Even Imgur posts are meant to embed here in the forum. But not a big problem.
Now I see at least the try with the link has somehow survived. :tu:

Tamed owls are cute and smart. I love them, the free ones too. A neighbor has often pairs of them nesting in the old roof constructions and you can hear them bo-booing.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
A beautiful sunrise, M is sitting in the old pine, top branch on the right.

6-22-23
62723 644a H sunrise.PNG
SWF   M15-6-40AM   6-22-23.jpg

Today, M visits his nest tree.
SWF   M15 on U branch   6-22-13.jpg

Cams will be coming down soon, until after hurricane season.
He isn't going far. In the past once the babes went off on their own he and Harriet wouldn't come to the nest tree. They stayed in their territory but nested in a smaller nest they have not too far away from this one.

We'll see what next season brings. M15 will no doubt have a new lady and eagle life will move forward.

We love you M, millions are cheering you on.

A female at the pond, M was there too. She's pretty, looks mature.
SWF   eyeliner  2   6-23-23.jpg

SWF   up the bank   6-23-23.jpg
She flies off. It's worth noting her feather marks where they go from brown to white. Very distinct for future identification should M choose her as a mate.
SWF   away she goes   6-23-23.jpg

6-25-2023

The Pond...
Starring: M15, a lady friend, an osprey fishing, and a horse swimming.
Lol, busy place our pond.

Last edited:

McM

ARSELING
Good, they mentioned the Heron in the captions.. I wouldn't have recognized it standing so still. Even when the horse came close.
To be sure I looked up the word Heron. Not that it meant a dead branch of a tree :lol:
Nice place for the animals this pond. I could see a drinking eagle for the first time.
The birds that hunt insects will have something to eat too, the constantly moving tails of the horses give us a hint.

deviant2

hell is other people
Good, they mentioned the Heron in the captions.. I wouldn't have recognized it standing so still. Even when the horse came close.
To be sure I looked up the word Heron. Not that it meant a dead branch of a tree :lol:
Nice place for the animals this pond. I could see a drinking eagle for the first time.
The birds that hunt insects will have something to eat too, the constantly moving tails of the horses give us a hint.
They hold very still when they want to. All critters there love the pond, that's where M and Harriet have taught all their babes to drink and bathe. There used to be no fish in that pond, but now there is. So they get hunting lessons there as well.

Lots of bugs, so so many. Especially this time of year when it rains often. Those tails are working overtime.

Forgot I had this... taken from the nest cam.
LOL
Horses that swim and lay down, feet up scratching their backs like a dog would do.
22523horses.jpg

McM

ARSELING
Bald eagle, a young fox, and a rabbit in one photo.
The fox held the rabbit for some seconds longer as he was lifted up. Then let it go.. The photographer could check on the fox later, it seem to be not harmed at all.
It happened in the state of Washington. National Geographic article also said bald eagles are known for stealing the catch of other predators, like ospreys. They try to get their food with as little energy as possible.
Didn't know that. Smart

Bald-Eagle_Fox_Rabbit_San-Jua.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
Bald eagle, a young fox, and a rabbit in one photo.
The fox held the rabbit for some seconds longer as he was lifted up. Then let it go.. The photographer could check on the fox later, it seem to be not harmed at all.
It happened in the state of Washington. National Geographic article also said bald eagles are known for stealing the catch of other predators, like ospreys. They try to get their food with as little energy as possible.
Didn't know that. Smart

View attachment 690864
That's a fantastic photo.
Eagles are in fact birds of opportunity whether it be road kill, a fresh catch, or thievery. The eagle was going for the bunny and the fox was caught up by happenstance. A fox is way too heavy for a bald eagle. The eagle, through it's talons, knew it had the fox in one foot and the bunny in the other. The fox survived because the eagle let go do to the weight. The bunny, dinner.

Reactions: McM

deviant2

hell is other people
Check check

Welcome to Season 12
M15 has picked a mate and she'll be known as F23( F= Female, 23 = 2023)

The Stickman is on the move. LOL
Bless his heart, M15 has decided to rebuild the nest he and Harriet made a home for many an eaglet over the years. We love you M, and miss you Harriett.

You'll always know M by the white in his wings and on the tops when they're folded. Handsome fella.

Last edited:

deviant2

hell is other people
Moving forward is hard for humans... I find myself jealous of M and the animal world he comes from, he makes it look so easy. I always thought Harriet would go on forever, she was so strong. Of course that's silly and I'm reminded that she went off on her own to pass from this life, a blessing we all would like to grant for those we leave behind.
Remember the good, remember the laughter, the struggles and triumphs.
Be kind to one another...

F23

M is moving the stick, with the white on his "shoulders"... F23 is the top bird, and larger than M.

This will be an emotional season.

Last edited:

McM

ARSELING
Is F23 the same female eagle that visited the nest weeks ago? I recall there was the 'food thieve' R23 mentioned in a post.
Not sure because of her size.

deviant2

hell is other people
Is F23 the same female eagle that visited the nest weeks ago? I recall there was the 'food thieve' R23 mentioned in a post.
Not sure because of her size.
No. That female was thin and scraggly. Though, she did attempt to feed the babes a few times.
She stole one too many times and M had enough of that since he was pulling double duty.

F23 looks mature and healthy. There was one female that kept visiting at the pond, she has very distinct feather patterns on her tail where they go from brown to white. I haven't had a chance to look for vids of F23 to she if that was her or not.

M is on the move with those sticks and F23 is keeping up with him. He's bringing her meals and they're doing the loving thing.

She's the one he's picked.

Sad and not sad, is I ...

tonytulo

Rookie
I was there around that time. Fucking sad. He did amazing things that bird is a better father than most people. I'm a bird lover I have quite a few parrots my brother has birds of prey he's got federal licenses gets a lot of birds that were in accidents and nurses them back to health. I just drive around like a pirate . My house is not a house it's an bird aviary. People are still blown away at how quiet all of these guys are once they are happy. Glad to be here.

deviant2

hell is other people
I was there around that time. Fucking sad. He did amazing things that bird is a better father than most people. I'm a bird lover I have quite a few parrots my brother has birds of prey he's got federal licenses gets a lot of birds that were in accidents and nurses them back to health. I just drive around like a pirate . My house is not a house it's an bird aviary. People are still blown away at how quiet all of these guys are once they are happy. Glad to be here.
Were you now ...
Does he now ...

Yw

tonytulo

Rookie
I still find it pretty insane that Harriet was never found. I know a short while after they found 2 or 3 eagles one far north and 2 south. 1 of the two was actually hunted down by a pair of Mexicans with the intention of eating it.

There's also another guy from the uk on YouTube that has cameras on different hawks, owls and other birds. Pretty cool to watch. I'm actually in the process of breeding out my birds that are threatened/endangered. Sun conure, yellow front amazon, red fronted and my lears macaw.

Back