accident ~Heart attack at gym~ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
He looks like a kid. WTF?

Likely Long QT Syndrome. A genetic heart problem where there is a delay between a portion of the electrical message through the heart tissue. Seen as a longer interval between the Q and T waves on an ECG (EKG for the Yanks).

IMG_7388.jpeg

Excessive exertion can trigger a cardiac arrest. This is what caused those famous footballers to go into cardiac arrest during matches. Some medicines, like antidepressants, can also prolong the QT interval which is very dangerous for people with Long QT Syndrome. There is often a family history of sudden cardiac death in relatively young people.

IntriguedByDeath

Forum Veteran
Likely Long QT Syndrome. A genetic heart problem where there is a delay between a portion of the electrical message through the heart tissue. Seen as a longer interval between the Q and T waves on an ECG (EKG for the Yanks).

View attachment 708016

Excessive exertion can trigger a cardiac arrest. This is what caused those famous footballers to go into cardiac arrest during matches. Some medicines, like antidepressants, can also prolong the QT interval which is very dangerous for people with Long QT Syndrome. There is often a family history of sudden cardiac death in relatively young people.
So, effectively, your heart stops for a fraction of a second? Or am I misunderstanding that?

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
So, effectively, your heart stops for a fraction of a second? Or am I misunderstanding that?

Think of it more as a delay in the ‘recharge’ period after contraction. So under normal circumstances the heart beats normally. But under strain, the electrical activity can become disorganised leading to a cardiac arrest rhythm (not consistent with pumping blood).

The ‘T wave’ on an ECG is created when the larger ventricles reset after beating.

IMG_7392.jpeg

This animation shows where the electrical impulse travels compared to the ECG.

IMG_7391.gif

LittleJohn

Forum Veteran
Well, the good news is that the gym didn’t have a ”trans woman” AKA a guy go into the gals room like I just saw today at the gym. Fuck’n freaks.

IntriguedByDeath

Forum Veteran
Think of it more as a delay in the ‘recharge’ period after contraction. So under normal circumstances the heart beats normally. But under strain, the electrical activity can become disorganised leading to a cardiac arrest rhythm (not consistent with pumping blood).

The ‘T wave’ on an ECG is created when the larger ventricles reset after beating.

View attachment 708081

This animation shows where the electrical impulse travels compared to the ECG.

View attachment 708080
Interesting...thx

Back