Heavy Metal Band GWAR Wishes to Open GWARbar (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
GWARbar1.png

Before he died on March 23 of this year, singer David “Oderus Urungus” Brockie and the rest of the heavy metal band GWAR announced that they planned to open a GWAR themed bar in their home town of Richmond, Virginia and now GWAR wants their fans to help create what will be a true place of torment in the heart of the commonwealth.

From May 22 to June 21, they have opened an Indiegogo campaign to gather funds for the bar. Their current goal is $50,000. They have already reached a little over 10,000.

“With the untimely passing of our leader, Dave Brockie, we are more determined than ever to make one of his last dreams a reality, the creation of the GWARbar!”

Rhythm guitarist BalSac the Jaws ‘o’ Death (aka Micheal Derks) seems to be the main face of the project. The campaign states that he has 30 years of restaurant experience and will be using it to help create a menu and cocktail program that will be truly unlike any other. The other scumdogs of the universe will also be around to help make the eatery an enjoyable adventure.

The Indiegogo funds will be going to buying new cooking equipment, fixing up the building that will house the GWARbar, building a smokehouse, and helping the band brew their own GWARbeer.

“Everytime you come in after work or visit Richmond from whatever remote corner of the world you live in, you will have a place you can call your own, surrounded by the creative weirdos you love.”

Some of the rewards for those who donate include: a thanks on Facebook, T-shirts, Cooking classes with Chef BalSac, and your own seat at the bar.

If you would to donate the GWARbar, you may click the link below under sources. Would you eat at the GWARbar?
Source: Indiegogo

http://www.geekjuicemedia.com/news/gwar-wishes-to-open-gwarbar/

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
I don't mind Gwar, not my favorite or anything. But to need charity? C'mon, quit being lazy and make more music or something.

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
Cool beans....I think......lol....heard some of their stuff, but still not a fav....

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
GWAR! I saw this band about 10 years ago. I'll just say Gwar knows they're not the greatest band in the world, but these guys (and gals) throw one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to! Tons of props, water cannons, gore, and perversion lol. They have a annual Gwarbaque featuring a shit load of bands and food that I definitely wanna attend.

kevin kirk

Forum Veteran
As for the music.They had a couple of toe tappers...I mostly like the singers in costume interviews..He was a pretty funny guy

Back