disaster It's Still Venomous Dude (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

AnaofTheHills

Of course your opinion matters! - just not to me.
Obviously this man needs to get some anti-venom very quickly but it wasn’t likely that he was getting there. Having said that , would the next viable option for him to save his own life be to suck out the venom and expectorate? Or is this not recommended anymore?

Stormy Llewellyn

Forum Veteran
He must not have had any friends. It seems like there would have been at least two folks say, "Hey, bud. I wouldn't do that if I were you."..

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
Obviously this man needs to get some anti-venom very quickly but it wasn’t likely that he was getting there. Having said that , would the next viable option for him to save his own life be to suck out the venom and expectorate? Or is this not recommended anymore?
You could never suck out venom. That's just stupid shit they do in movies and TV. It gets into your blood too fast to stop it. You need anti venom. The other options but you still would have less than 10% chance of surviving are to sever the body part bitten within 2-3 seconds or start drinking a ton of water to the point you almost die, in order to dilute the venom and pass it thru your system.

LET'S GORE !

Well Known Member
You could never suck out venom. That's just stupid shit they do in movies and TV. It gets into your blood too fast to stop it. You need anti venom. The other options but you still would have less than 10% chance of surviving are to sever the body part bitten within 2-3 seconds or start drinking a ton of water to the point you almost die, in order to dilute the venom and pass it thru your system.
You likely do die from shock if you have to cut a limb that stupid and do not work, if you get bitten you need to put a bandage to reduce the blood flow but you have to do it in a certain way there is plenty web site to explain how to do it correctly, secondly keep calm sit down and call emergency.
If unlucky and get bitten on the head or torso that very bad, anyway don't panic you make thing much worse.
Most of the venomous snake have to spend a lot of energy to create their venom they likely to "Dry Bite" instead of waste it but that 50/50 some snake are very aggressive and inject full dose and even bite many time ( Taipan, Mamba, Dugite...)

In that case the man have committed suicide, in shit country and probably in a remote area with no hospital in 500km radius.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
You likely do die from shock if you have to cut a limb that stupid and do not work, if you get bitten you need to put a bandage to reduce the blood flow but you have to do it in a certain way there is plenty web site to explain how to do it correctly, secondly keep calm sit down and call emergency.
If unlucky and get bitten on the head or torso that very bad, anyway don't panic you make thing much worse.
Most of the venomous snake have to spend a lot of energy to create their venom they likely to "Dry Bite" instead of waste it but that 50/50 some snake are very aggressive and inject full dose and even bite many time ( Taipan, Mamba, Dugite...)

In that case the man have committed suicide, in shit country and probably in a remote area with no hospital in 500km radius.

It's going to depend on the type of snake that bit you whether you survive usually. Then second your weight and third your health. I was bitten on the hand when I was 15 by a Water Moccasin. My eyes swelled shut first and then everything became muffled. I couldn't move my arm or fingers from the swelling. And it felt like I was suffocating. No matter how hard I inhaled it felt like nothing was getting into my lungs. I thought I was going to die but the next day I woke up sore all over with 2 holes in my hand that looked like a tiny spoon had scooped out my flesh.

Last edited:

LET'S GORE !

Well Known Member
It's going to depend on the type of snake that bit you whether you survive usually. Then second your weight and third your health. I was bitten on the hand when I was 15 by a Water Moccasin. My eyes swelled shut first and then everything became muffled. I couldn't move my arm or fingers from the swelling. And it felt like I was suffocating. No matter how hard I inhaled it felt like nothing was getting into my lungs. I thought I was going to die but the next day I woke up sore all over with 2 holes in my hand that looked like a tiny spoon had scooped out my flesh.
Agreed, of course the health and physic of the person is important and the type of snake ofc in that case a cobra even if you are top 10 heavyweight boxer you die unless you reduce blood flow in the area and have medical attention asap.

Back