Joe Cocker dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Joe%20Cocker-RML-015201.jpg

British singer Joe Cocker, famous for his gritty voice and covers of Traffic's "Feelin' Alright," Billy Preston's "You Are So Beautiful" and the Beatles' "With A Little Help From My Friends," has died.

Cocker lost his battle with lung cancer and passed away in Crawford, Colorado. He was 70.

"He was without the doubt the greatest rock/soul voice ever to come out of Britain," said Cocker's agent, Barrie Marshall in a statement to the BBC on Monday. "Hugely talented, a true star, but a kind and humble man who loved to perform. Anyone who ever saw him live will never forget him."

A statement from the singer's label, Sony, was released on Monday.

"John Robert Cocker, known to family, friends, his community and fans around the world as Joe Cocker, passed away on December 22, 2014 after a hard fought battle with small cell lung cancer. Mr. Cocker was 70 years old," it read.

Cocker's health has been declining for some time, and back in September Billy Joel paid tribute during one of his New York City concerts. He said that the Sheffield, England native was "not very well right now" and that Cocker should be voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"I think he should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'm amazed that he's not yet, but I'm throwing in my vote for Joe Cocker," the Piano Man said.

Cocker, along with singer Jennifer Warnes, won a Grammy and an Oscar for their duet, "Up Where We Belong," from the 1982 film "An Officer And A Gentleman.

Back