Last Movie You Watched..

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Divine fury. 2019. South Korea.
3/10
A well intentioned but very narrative driven 'possession' film. An older priest is joined by a mma fighter who has sigmata. He's an 'unbeliever' due to his father dying while he was young and blames God. The film takes nearly a full hour for them to meet and go do an exorcism. After that it was more dialouge and time for me to start clicking thru the rest of the film. The was only one more exorcism, which took the total to three, before the inevitable show down at the end. Effects wise it was pretty good, lots of puking blood and black stuff, with a few hokey scenes of heads on fire and possessed people climbling the wall effortlessly.

Humungus

Forum Veteran
^ What he said or at the very least marks out of Ten.

Watched this agin the other night for about the 4th time. If you're an old Brit like me you would like it.8/10:-
Our Jud is a right bastard in it,Brian Glover is funny as fuck what a movie this is,they filmed most of the school scenes at Ashleigh school in my city there’s a girl in one scene for about 2 seconds in the main hall her name is Vicky my first girlfriend and my first fingering.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The revenant. 2009.
Did not finish.
Not the DiCaprio film, that was 2015. A bloke dies in Iraq and (for some reason) comes back as a 'zombie'. But he acts just like a normal person except for the fact that he needs human blood. I heard about this movie while listening to a podcast about World War Z. It was only mentioned once and not talked about it. I lost interest after about 20 mins. After watching so many asian horror and drama. This dialouge was kinda shit.
It really didn't seem to go anywhere. I hit the FF button at about the 35-40 minute mark, from there the blokes mate 'dies' gets re-animated and they become vigilantes. Feeding on bad guys. I couldn't even be bothered seeing how it ended.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
Forbidden empire. 2014.
5/10
A very CGI heavy film that has two english actors in a russian story.
The main plot was a english scientist mapping the known world ends up in a village dominated ny superstition. Im not big on films that are effect heavy, at all. But this one used them in a purely surreal way. Lots of supernatural elements and beings were extremely well done with some practical effects as well.
By the one hour mark, i had lost interest as the plot was hard to follow. It did all fall into place soon after that and made for a OK film.

Jon E(vil)

True gore artist.
The Chaser. 2008. South Korea.
4/10
A thriller that gets listed with some great korean films. But for me it falls a bit flat. The plot is interesting enough, the 'bathroom' scenes look to shock horror produced in the western style. The opens scenes are pretty good, but it slows and again it failed to sell me, and i fell asleep twice, once 20 mins before the end, and then again after i rewound it.