Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after being struck by large container ship (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
@deviant2 I don't know you, haven't really interacted with you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you believe something nefarious is afoot with this bridge accident. Maybe there is maybe there isn't. But you and I can only draw conclusions based upon what very little information we've been given, and we dont even know if that information is accurate. What if we knew the 100% absolute truth? What if our own government was involved? Would it change anything? Would it affect us at all? Could we do anything about it if it did?

Why waste your time speculating about something that we can't control, right?

H82Go8675309

š‰š«
@deviant2 I don't know you, haven't really interacted with you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you believe something nefarious is afoot with this bridge accident. Maybe there is maybe there isn't. But you and I can only draw conclusions based upon what very little information we've been given, and we dont even know if that information is accurate. What if we knew the 100% absolute truth? What if our own government was involved? Would it change anything? Would it affect us at all? Could we do anything about it if it did?

I don't know either of you & I often question how one even knows their own selves but, I think @deviant2 just likes to go down the rabbit hole & often. There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes she's spot on & if the MSM published more honest takes on world events, humanity could handle it.
She also reminds me of Ministry, Magisterium, you too. šŸ¤˜

H82Go8675309

š‰š«
Imagine commuting to your job in fucking Baltimore at 1AM! How miserable!? And youā€™re thinkingā€¦ā€welp, at least Iā€™m avoiding traffic.ā€
Oof, you're not wrong, that's how it is for lots of commuters around this region which has the second worst amount of congestion in the nation actually.
The authorities were able to shut down civvie traffic mostly prior to the main event. My local news were giving shoutouts to Maryland State Troopers for their awesome work on the 11pm news.

Dolly

Uppity cunt
I have a question if anyone here possesses knowledge about container ships. A few videos depict the final moments before a crash, where it seems the power abruptly fails as all lights simultaneously go off, then back on. Is there a master switch on ships capable of toggling power in this manner to simulate a blackout? Additionally, I'm interested in understanding the extent to which ships, like this are computer-controlled and whether they could be remotely hacked.

Timateo

Lurker
A 9,000ft bridge in Maryland has collapsed after being struck by a container ship.

Astonishing footage shows the moment the vessel plowed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, sending the colossal steel structure crashing into the Patapsco River, shortly before 1.30am Eastern.

There were no immediate reports of any casualties but there did appear to be traffic on the bridge at the time of the catastrophe.

Im guessing theres going to be a few dead, cars came crashing off that bridge.

Rest of story here
Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after being struck by a container ship

View attachment 766157

5.30 for crash

Baltimore is a CORRUPT democrat run city anyways

deviant2

hell is other people

Mr-Smokey

Forum Veteran
I have a question if anyone here possesses knowledge about container ships. A few videos depict the final moments before a crash, where it seems the power abruptly fails as all lights simultaneously go off, then back on. Is there a master switch on ships capable of toggling power in this manner to simulate a blackout? Additionally, I'm interested in understanding the extent to which ships, like this are computer-controlled and whether they could be remotely hacked.

View attachment 766547
They have a emergency generator that holds enough fuel for 18 hours passenger ships is summit like 38 hours (law requirement ) it takes 45 secs for this generator to kick in there is a cut of for it on the deck incase of fire . My guess is there was a catastrophic failure of main engines and emergency either failed or was not maintained blackouts are common even on navy ships more then likely crew negligence as for hacking yes you could hack a ship but captain could easily just regain manual control but would not have navigation

mrln

silent ghost
im not sure the main cause of the loss of power. but this is what happens when computers are "in charge" of things.

then again,maybe china took over the ship by hacking into the computer.
parts that are in computers are made in china,rt? so whats to say that this cant happen then?

angelo

Well Known Member
no bumpers on posts, by design you take one out the whole thing falls
no pilots?
no tugs, that is a very big and heavy boat

highly doubt there is a conspiracy to this incident but I'm sure the armchair tinfoil hat wearing knowitalls will just jump on this.

queue alex jones

Dirlwanger

Revolt Against the Modern World

View attachment 766547
Relevant questions.

No, this boat does not have a master switch, instead it has several master switches for each section. and such a boat can have more than a dozen sections, which function as watertight areas in the event of a collision. Only small and medium size boats have a master power switch.

Computers are completely independent of external influence. For example, companies can detect the location of the boat and in the event of a breakdown, have an idea of where the fault is located. It is not possible to control a boat remotely. If it was a case of sabotage, it had to have been done inside the boat.

According to my knowledge, this was a fault in the power distribution, between the generators and the electrical components of the boat.

It could be a mechanical failure, in a crucial component in the energy distribution that burned down or stopped working.

At the electronic level, it could be a hardware failure or a software glitch, which is also common. Nothing more, nothing less than on planes.

About the ship's bridge crew, these people are highly qualified and they were navigating in a channel where all your senses are in high alert, quite stressful. The most critical moments in a ship like this are navigating in a channel or facing a huge storm. These people are professionals.

I'm thinking too much about my work now. :crybaby:

They have a emergency generator that holds enough fuel for 18 hours passenger ships is summit like 38 hours (law requirement ) it takes 45 secs for this generator to kick in there is a cut of for it on the deck incase of fire . My guess is there was a catastrophic failure of main engines and emergency either failed or was not maintained blackouts are common even on navy ships more then likely crew negligence as for hacking yes you could hack a ship but captain could easily just regain manual control but would not have navigation
Almost there...but you don't have manual control in a ship like this, is minimal to be more precise and if the computers fail you just seat down and wait for the impact.

You can't hack a ship for security measures, it's not possible to shutdown a ship or a plane, and one of the reasons is to avoid crazies having access to commands of million dollars vehicles with million dollars cargo and most important human lives.

I believe that there's tech that makes that possible but for the same reason the electronics of these vehicles are independent. They just send and receive signals of the exterior.

No conspiracy theories here , unless all the crew officers decided to crash. And that's to much tin foil hat for my taste. Stuff like this happens every year, in this case was a bridge and people died.

Last edited:

Dolly

Uppity cunt
Relevant questions.

No, this boat does not have a master switch, instead it has several master switches for each section. and such a boat can have more than a dozen sections, which function as watertight areas in the event of a collision. Only small and medium size boats have a master power switch.

Computers are completely independent of external influence. For example, companies can detect the location of the boat and, in the event of a breakdown, have an idea of where the fault is located. It is not possible to control a boat remotely. If it was a case of sabotage, it had to have been done inside the boat.

According to my knowledge, this was a fault in the power distribution, between the generators and the electrical components of the boat.

It could be a mechanical failure, in a crucial component in the energy distribution that burned down or stopped working.

At the electronic level, it could be a hardware failure or a software glitch, which is also common. Nothing more, nothing less than on planes.

About the ship's bridge crew, these people are highly qualified and they were navigating in a channel where all your senses are in high alert, quite stressful. The most critical momements in a ship like this are navigating in a channel or facing a huge storm. These people are professionals.

I'm thinking too much about my work now. :crybaby:

Almost there...but you don't have manual control in a ship like this, is minimal to be more precise and if the computers fail you just seat down and wait for the impact.

You can't hack a ship for security measures, it's not possible to shutdown a ship or a plane, and one of the reasons is to avoid crazies having access to commands of million dollars vehicles with million dollars cargo and most important human lives.

I believe that there's tech that makes that possible but for the same reason the electronics of these vehicles are independent. They just send signals to the exterior.

No conspiracy theories here , unless all the crew officers decided to crash. And that's to much tin foil hat for my taste. Stuff like this happens every year, in this case was a bridge and people died.
Thank you loads for this reply. much appreciated

H82Go8675309

š‰š«
The rabbit-hole deepens.

It's relatively simple to identify the origination of that distress call. A license is required to operate on all of the marine frequencies, and the ident numbers are broadcast with the voice transmission. Additionally, triangulation would be very simple that close to shore.
You're assuming the caller used their own equipment & that everyone using that type of equipment gets a permit.

mrln

silent ghost
no bumpers on posts, by design you take one out the whole thing falls
no pilots?
no tugs, that is a very big and heavy boat

highly doubt there is a conspiracy to this incident but I'm sure the armchair tinfoil hat wearing knowitalls will just jump on this.

queue alex jones
exactly. theres nothing to prevent this from happening. no type of preventative measures were considered in the design of this. no deflective barriers of any sort.
i would think there were pilots during this fiasco.
and to your tug question,theres a lot of things that come to play in it. so i found you a link to check out. it should help answer that hopefully.
lold at theTinfoil comment

H82Go8675309

š‰š«
Yes. But I still don't think there's anything remarkable about it. Accidents sometimes just happen.

Very true. In the end unless you are someone directly involved in this incident or the ongoing investigations into wtf has actually happened, you, I, & the world won't really know. The NTSB has had numerous investigations where they couldn't conclude what happened too so, there's that to consider.

6 construction workers dead. They were working on the bridge filling pot holes. They have recovered 2 bodies so far, the other 4 are in a truck under the wreckage and its too unstable to recover them at this time. I could literally see the bridge from my back yard.

Back