Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after being struck by large container ship (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr-Smokey

Forum Veteran
5hc86kxdu2b31.jpg

brokenwintr

Fresh Meat
A 9,000ft bridge in Maryland has collapsed after being struck by a container ship.

Astonishing footage shows the moment the vessel plowed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, sending the colossal steel structure crashing into the Patapsco River, shortly before 1.30am Eastern.

There were no immediate reports of any casualties but there did appear to be traffic on the bridge at the time of the catastrophe.

Im guessing theres going to be a few dead, cars came crashing off that bridge.

Rest of story here
Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after being struck by a container ship

View attachment 766157

5.30 for crash

there was so much space that was i wanna say maybe 200-300-400ft of open space and they managed to achieve crashing into maybe a 30x30 beam:golfclap:

well done..

Sauerkraut

Fermented Cabbage
Just shows how thick yank engineers are. They can’t build skyscrapers or bridges. Thick fat twats.
That may be well deserved in some cases. But there is no comparison to the pajeet electrical engineers in India. If I was a Hradittadotta, I would just tell them to run a constant current through me so I might have a chance when I step into the bug zapper.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
It's not fake. This was planned from within to cripple the US even more and to take the focus off Diddy and the major implications of acts and people contained in court documents. Hang on, cause it WILL get worse.

It will get worse, you're right.
What's scary if you live around DC is if any entity or entities is trying to do this to all the main arteries, simultaneously, or where it affects traffic here at the same time.
The Key bridge is how to access the Port of Baltimore & how 30k commuters get to & fro... so trucks won't be able to get in/out & this all will atleast shift deliveries to other ports so expect delays of products. There's going to be one helluva ripple effect.

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
It's not fake. This was planned from within to cripple the US even more and to take the focus...
So, are you telling us that this was an intentional act of terrorism? I don't think our government is willing and capable of doing something so horrific and... oh wait, I seem to remember some buildings in New York...

deviant2

hell is other people
Well, this is interesting... hmmm...

"BALTIMORE -- The United States Coast Guard on Friday asked for community support in finding the person responsible for multiple false distress coming from the Baltimore area.

At least 16 calls have been transmitted over VHF channel 16 since February 17, officials said. The channel, part of Marine VHF radios, is only used for hailing and distress, and transmitting a false signal is a federal crime.

Officials said the calls, in which a person was calling for help with no location or details, came from the Strawberry Point area of Middle River, a cape in Baltimore County. "
Coast Guard investigating hoax distress calls from near Baltimore

Audio recording of the hoax distress calls...

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
Well, this is interesting... hmmm...

"BALTIMORE -- The United States Coast Guard on Friday asked for community support in finding the person responsible for multiple false distress coming from the Baltimore area.

At least 16 calls have been transmitted over VHF channel 16 since February 17, officials said. The channel, part of Marine VHF radios, is only used for hailing and distress, and transmitting a false signal is a federal crime.

Officials said the calls, in which a person was calling for help with no location or details, came from the Strawberry Point area of Middle River, a cape in Baltimore County. "
Coast Guard investigating hoax distress calls from near Baltimore

Audio recording of the hoax distress calls...

Your clip from the Mothman Prophesies was the first thing I thought of too... ohh, & now this. How eerie.

deviant2

hell is other people
Just for a visual of distance... Strawberry Point (where the calls were made from), is the purple to the north. The collapsed bridge is south.
Screenshot_20240326-235334~3.png

Not far apart... calls could've been made to observe reaction times and amount of personnel responding?

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
The rabbit-hole deepens.

It's relatively simple to identify the origination of that distress call. A license is required to operate on all of the marine frequencies, and the ident numbers are broadcast with the voice transmission. Additionally, triangulation would be very simple that close to shore.

deviant2

hell is other people
I want to know what is in those containers.

The rabbit-hole deepens.

It's relatively simple to identify the origination of that distress call. A license is required to operate on all of the marine frequencies, and the ident numbers are broadcast with the voice transmission. Additionally, triangulation would be very simple that close to shore.
No license is required to operate on channel 16. It's an open marine channel. Anyone can use it.

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
Ooooooh, that's a really good point! Maybe P. Diddy's sex slaves?

No license is required to operate on channel 16. It's an open marine channel. Anyone can use it.

16 is just an emergency channel and the VHF radios that can transmit on those frequencies are required by the FCC to transmit their broadcast ID. It's programmed right into the radio. Anyone with the proper equipment, such as the Coast Guard, should be able to trace that ID easily.

Last edited:

Dirlwanger

Revolt Against the Modern World
Sorry to disappoint you, but what happened is more common than you think. Unfortunately, the breakdown in the power generators occurred in the wrong place and resulted in a freak accident.

Similar accidents happen every year, but as they do not end in tragedies they are not publicized.

The power outage can have several causes, and when detected you have a window of just a few minutes to repair it if possible and in the case of this boat, even if after the fault is repaired the result would be the same.

Most of the time these malfunctions happen due to poor maintenance and boat repairs are too expensive and companies use to delay them until there's an inspection.

Boats don't have brakes, and a beast like this, weighs thousands of tons, so you have to use the reverse gears several miles before docking.

The commander, as well as his mates, when there is a power outage, are left without engines, the boat automatically stop braking and are unable to control the helm.

The only thing they can do is use the VHF radio to send distress signals and try to explain the situation to authorities.

And even if help arrived at the same minute, the boat would hit the bridge anyway, it is impossible to stop a boat of this size.

Only after an investigation we can know what really happened. If it was company negligence, the staff (which i doubt) or just the bad luck to suffer a failure in a terrible place (channel/river) where is very difficult to manuever a ship like this, if not impossible, that's why there are pilot boats to help them out in such places

deviant2

hell is other people
Ooooooh, that's a really good point! Maybe P. Diddy's sex slaves?

16 is just an emergency channel and the VHF radios that can transmit on those frequencies are required by the FCC to transmit their broadcast ID. It's programmed right into the radio. Anyone with the proper equipment, such as the Coast Guard, should be able to trace that ID easily.
Nice edit, must have went to Google for the proper info?

It is an emergency and hailing channel. Every boat, dock master, bridge tender and some private homes have them. I repeat, you do not need a license to push the button on the hand held and broadcast on Marine channel 16. Period.

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car

It is an emergency and hailing channel. Every boat, dock master, bridge tender and some private homes have them. I repeat, you do not need a license to push the button on the hand held and broadcast on Marine channel 16. Period.
No edit was made. Making two comments back to back within ten minutes and with no reply between them results in the two comments being joined.

No, you do not need a license to push the button. But that radio has an FCC ID. All transmitters do. Your phone has one, your wifi router has one, all devices sold in the US that transmit on ANY known frequency are required to have one and it is (since the 70's iirc) programmed into the device to broadcast along with the voice transmission.

All seagoing water vessels that navigate on any US waters are required to have that radio, and that FCC ID is attached to the license required to operate that vessel and the radio that's on board.

Could someone have bought a handheld off the shelf and done that? Sure, but there's a receipt somewhere for every FCC regulated device in use. Personally, I don't think there WAS a hoax call made at all. Nobody says "help". They say "mayday". If anyone wanted it to sound authentic, they would've said that.

Last edited:
Back