Mattel Makes A Downs Syndrome Barbie Doll (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
It would have been nice to see an actually retarded Barbie doll, and not the usual plastic surgery enhanced image of a person.

I mean would anyone see this doll and think Down Syndrome without being told?

831B7E59-52AB-4FAA-839A-A4C3FBB032E6.jpeg

58881368-DD29-4BAF-85DD-A1D28E34143C.jpeg

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
Why is it necessary? I am not a transforming truck yet Optimus Prime was my boy! 😎

Its very self affirming for girls to see positive representations of themselves in the world, instead of the unattainable beauty standards that are plowed down our throats day in and day out. Boys don't have the same pressures on them in terms of appearance. While you were playing with optimus prime, girls were already comparing themselves to celebrities and to each other. If a doll that has down syndrome makes this girl, who cannot control her disability, feel better, then who cares if its "necessary?" Dolls at all aren't "necessary."

Cerebral Haemorrhage

Was dead at birth ⚰
Seriously, there will be transgender ones next, with detachable dicks. Then everyone will be transgender, the world extinct in 1000 years.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
It would have been nice to see an actually retarded Barbie doll, and not the usual plastic surgery enhanced image of a person.

I mean would anyone see this doll and think Down Syndrome without being told?

View attachment 678229

View attachment 678228
I love downies. But I can pick 'em from 200 yards: Slightly stooped walk, very obese, huge wide neck.

That doll has no Downs that I can detect.

So Mattel want to go all Downie on us but not full or even real Downie...

So where's the fat huge necked Downie doll?

Or are they considered ugly by Mattel?

And with ultra sound surely there are less and less Downs syndrome people around these days, like the old hunch backs, who all seen to have disappeared...

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
I love downies. But I can pick 'em from 200 yards: Slightly stooped walk, very obese, huge wide neck.

That doll has no Downs that I can detect.

So Mattel want to go all Downie on us but not full or even real Downie...

So where's the fat huge necked Downie doll?

Or are they considered ugly by Mattel?

And with ultra sound surely there are less and less Downs syndrome people around these days, like the old hunch backs, who all seen to have disappeared...
Can you tell downs from and ultrasound? I thought you had to test amniotic fluid.

Back