Military coup attempt is underway in Turkey (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
A military coup attempt is underway in Turkey. Tanks and soldiers are on the streets, protesters are mustering forces, with gunfire and explosions punctuating the chaos.

Early Saturday, it's unclear who is in control - the army or the elected government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In the country's biggest cities, Istanbul and Ankara, there have been reports of gunfire and casualties. In Istanbul, bridges were blocked by a group of soldiers and military vehicles.
The U.S. Embassy reported low-flying military jets.
Here is the latest.

Turkey coup: Live updates - CNN.com

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
i recant, way different, this is nuts.
turkey.JPG

wino

DILLIGAF
well it was never going to end well was it ?

this mught be the break out for another world war in the name of religion.

McM

ARSELING
Silent of the lambs in the Turkish quarter here.
Most guys I spoke to, pretended to be Ergodan supporters, but my Kurdish friend was smiling this morning.

ememememe

Random weirdo
well, as a Turkish citizen who has witnessed this so-called coup, I can tell you without hesitation that this was hands down the silliest thing I've ever witnessed and I'm pretty sure that this thing was staged as hell. I mean, what the fuck, the coup has frickin F16s in their hands and they are incapable of shooting the president (erdogan) who was flying to Istanbul via a flight which can be seen and tracked on flightradar lol. none of the members of the parliament was captured, nothing was done against citizens who didn't obey the curfew, internet and tv broadcast wasn't disrupted and people were told by the members of the leading party (AKP, justice and development party) to go out in the streets and protest the coup (instead of, you know, using the police force and not the citizens that you have to protect).

innocent people were killed and injured in order to facilitate erdogan gaining his superpowers to become the "supreme ruler" of "new sharia based Turkey" in the near future.

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
putin is shitting his pants

You do know that Russia and Turkey aren't happy with each other right now, right?

The 'coup' didn't happen, it didn't come close, but if Erdogan and his party were overthrown, it would be pretty much a win for Russia no matter who it was that took power.

well, as a Turkish citizen who has witnessed this so-called coup, I can tell you without hesitation that this was hands down the silliest thing I've ever witnessed and I'm pretty sure that this thing was staged as hell. I mean, what the fuck, the coup has frickin F16s in their hands and they are incapable of shooting the president (erdogan) who was flying to Istanbul via a flight which can be seen and tracked on flightradar lol. none of the members of the parliament was captured, nothing was done against citizens who didn't obey the curfew, internet and tv broadcast wasn't disrupted and people were told by the members of the leading party (AKP, justice and development party) to go out in the streets and protest the coup (instead of, you know, using the police force and not the citizens that you have to protect).

innocent people were killed and injured in order to facilitate erdogan gaining his superpowers to become the "supreme ruler" of "new sharia based Turkey" in the near future.

I've been hearing some talk as well that this might have actually been set up by the Erdogan's ruling political party, as well. If that is the case, it's extremely cunning... and could have enormous unintended consequences.

Here is the question though.. why would he (Erdogan) risk such a move? I read a lot when it comes to news and current events, but I don't keep particularly good attention to Turkey itself. But from what I do know, I thought that he was already firmly in power and there wasn't really any threat to his power anyways? So why risk this? Martial Law? He could have probably declared that, if it hasn't been already, because of the terrorism there from ISIS, as well as the PKK gaining more support and weapons. Do you think that he found out that there was a real coup getting ready to be tried, and he, in a sense, beat them to it with his fake one, to increase security measures ten fold, as well as purge high ranking secular elements from the Turkish Armed Forces?

Or do you think that the coup was encouraged by their security agencies, pushed along, but just never let it get out of hand?

I'm sorry, I'm not saying anything bad about you personally, but I could see something that devious and sneaky happening in the country. 160 something dead isn't much when it comes down to it, and I really don't like that Erdogan character.

Back