Military coup attempt is underway in Turkey (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The military hates the Islamists, tried once again to suppress them (not unlike Egypt, Algeria, elsewhere). They failed because the people came out. Turkey is, except in its Westernmost parts, populated by Islamists. They don't want a Secularist anti-Islamic junta anymore.
You can be anti-Islamist and understand that in most of the Muslim world the people, given the chance, vote for Islamists. They don't have Democracy & Secular government because they don't want it. Secularism has to be imposed on Muslims, or they move in the direction of Shariah.
I say let them do it in their countries. The people know what they want and they deserve to get it good and hard.

ememememe

Random weirdo
I've been hearing some talk as well that this might have actually been set up by the Erdogan's ruling political party, as well. If that is the case, it's extremely cunning... and could have enormous unintended consequences.

Here is the question though.. why would he (Erdogan) risk such a move? I read a lot when it comes to news and current events, but I don't keep particularly good attention to Turkey itself. But from what I do know, I thought that he was already firmly in power and there wasn't really any threat to his power anyways? So why risk this? Martial Law? He could have probably declared that, if it hasn't been already, because of the terrorism there from ISIS, as well as the PKK gaining more support and weapons. Do you think that he found out that there was a real coup getting ready to be tried, and he, in a sense, beat them to it with his fake one, to increase security measures ten fold, as well as purge high ranking secular elements from the Turkish Armed Forces?

Or do you think that the coup was encouraged by their security agencies, pushed along, but just never let it get out of hand?

I'm sorry, I'm not saying anything bad about you personally, but I could see something that devious and sneaky happening in the country. 160 something dead isn't much when it comes down to it, and I really don't like that Erdogan character.

First off, don't worry, I'm not taking what you've said personally, I'm living in a fucked up country which has been consistently descending into this Islam filled abyss for a decade. Ever since Erdogan rose to power, the country has become more and more afflicted with Islamist extremism, injustice and corruption. Erdogan is a true pest in this world and should be eliminated one way or the other...

Erdogan wants a presidential system pretty much the same as the one that is already in place in the US. This way, the constitution will become his bitch and then he will be able to bend it as he wishes and become Super Erdogan to bring Islamic Justice to the infidels.

Setting up a fake coup is not a high risk for him to take because he has an extremist mindless drones backing him up who can do anything in the name of Islam. His supporters lack personality, sense of real purpose, education, any kind of capacity of critical thinking, etc. and blindly follow him as an icon, a charismatic leader, easily overlooking all the bad shit he's been doing for years. Faking this coup would mean that he will become a true hero in the eyes of the uneducated and impoverished crowd, as well as his middle and upper class, retarded as hell followers. I mean, during the attempted coup, he has ordered every mosque in the country to call for some sort of jihad by chanting a particular type of azan (call for prayer) which is called salaa (normally it's associated with funeral ceremonies), non-stop, for a WHOLE night. He's using religion as a weapon.

Erdogan doesn't care about the lives of his people, he can easily kill anyone in order to achieve whatever the hell he wants and it's scary to think about that... very scary.

Gorgutz

Post-Mortem
i recant, way different, this is nuts.
View attachment 272935
>cohen
>for some reason also rhymes with oven

serveimage

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The Guardian reports the Erdogan government has now fired more than 15,000 employees at the education ministry, 257 officials at the prime minister's office, and 492 clerics at the directorate for religious affairs, while demanding the resignation of 1,500 university deans.

The private NTV broadcaster says at least 262 military judges and prosecutors were suspended. The press credentials of at least 34 Turkish journalists have been revoked, the Washington Post reports, and a "temporary measure" has been put in place banning travel by university academics.

Additionally, Turkish State Media says 626 private schools and other establishments will be closed down.

Nearly 22,000 education ministry workers, who are mostly teachers, have been fired - and steps are also being taken to revoke the licences of a further 21,000 teaching professionals.

64809546.jpg

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
Sultan Ergodan's government has closed 45 newspapers, 23 publishers, 16 TV stations and 15 magazines so far.
Around 150 generals/admirals are fired as well.
Seems the 'putsch' was somehow convenient in his politics against the opposite forces in the country.

Back