More nuke threats. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
Even though the Australian ABC news are known propagandists, the story does contain a few truths about what Medvedev (albeit in their own context) and what the man actually said makes a lot of sense under current circumstances. Of course it would be completely ridiculous to try and arrest Putin on the grounds that removing children from a war zone is criminal. By that standard, if a Western country does it , it's called Humanitarian, but because Russia did it, it's called Abduction? Pffff the shit never ends. Hey, here's a new idea for all the war pigs - it's called DIPLOMACY... they should try it sometime.

mrln

silent ghost
The ex-president of Russia licking Putin's arse by threatening to nuke other countries----maybe the West should do a pre-emptive strike on them after all the threats.
Former Russian president Medvedev threatens Germany, dangles nuclear warning
ya know what? fuck em. if hes saying the threat of nuclear war hasnt decreased but grown,then he will die with the rest of the world. because thats what its going to come down to.
putin wants the old russia back and it to be the ussr. gorbechov gave ukraine their own land many years ago. what did mendeved say they were? imaginary borders,or something like that? whatever....

Guipago

Forum Veteran
ya know what? fuck em. if hes saying the threat of nuclear war hasnt decreased but grown,then he will die with the rest of the world. because thats what its going to come down to.
putin wants the old russia back and it to be the ussr. gorbechov gave ukraine their own land many years ago. what did mendeved say they were? imaginary borders,or something like that? whatever....
The joke is when the Ukraine area was trading with the rest of what's now Europe, swapping daughters for favors and getting mentioned in far-off lands, what's now Russia was living in yurts & drinking fermented mares milk & raiding each other for women, the only reason they can say they own Ukraine is that they took it by force from someone else, it's all a land grab.

mrln

silent ghost
The joke is when the Ukraine area was trading with the rest of what's now Europe, swapping daughters for favors and getting mentioned in far-off lands, what's now Russia was living in yurts & drinking fermented mares milk & raiding each other for women, the only reason they can say they own Ukraine is that they took it by force from someone else, it's all a land grab.
and if russia takes ukraine over,it will get destroyed property and putin will either leave it looking like a wasteland or have to spend a shit ton of money to get it "up and running" again.

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
Why are the commies the only ones allowed to play these games? Test a few Minuteman missiles just to make sure they haven't gone past their best before date. And not in the Nevada desert....how about 100 miles off the coast of China.

Punisher_1

This user was banned
A discussion of what Putin can actually do is horrific they can indeed utilize tactical nukes without the UN getting involved. Clearly I don't know who made up this rule bu nuking anything is a serious grounds for the rest of the world to be concerned if not declare war or simply end Russian ties.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
I take it you're all for a nuclear war then?
We both know how a nuke attack will go down, nobody really wins. What do you do if someone continually gets in your face threatening to punch your head in? Do you turn the other cheek & let them do whatever they want, take what they want from you or do you smash them first to stop the bullying? Everybody has forgotten that in 2014, when peace deals were going on in the Donetsk & Luhansk areas of Ukraine & Russia was making out that it was mediating between all the sides, it invaded & took Crimea & you wonder why European countries think Russia is all about taking land while feigning peace, remember the 'it's only exercises' when Russia moved into Belarus, we know how that went down, make no mistake, Russia is all about land grabs & the European countries ARE concerned, Ukraine today, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland tomorrow?

Another piece to the puzzle.
The small Baltic nation with a talent for trolling Vladimir Putin

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Even though the Australian ABC news are known propagandists, the story does contain a few truths about what Medvedev (albeit in their own context) and what the man actually said makes a lot of sense under current circumstances. Of course it would be completely ridiculous to try and arrest Putin on the grounds that removing children from a war zone is criminal. By that standard, if a Western country does it , it's called Humanitarian, but because Russia did it, it's called Abduction? Pffff the shit never ends. Hey, here's a new idea for all the war pigs - it's called DIPLOMACY... they should try it sometime.
Except, the US doesn't actually remove children from their country, and they go to the effort to find the parents and family members.

Putin straight up had those kids kidnapped.

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
Except, the US doesn't actually remove children from their country, and they go to the effort to find the parents and family members.

Putin straight up had those kids kidnapped.
With respect , and I'm not wanting to have a dig at you personally just because of an opinion, but the level of fake news and propaganda is what perpetuates that belief. He didn't have them "straight up kidnapped" Children were relocated from danger zones and taken to refuges and foster care in Russia and Crimean peninsula. Russia did so in the lead up to the invasion as a result of an escalation of intense bombing by Ukraine on its own citizens in the Donbas. So many people don't give a shit about how Ukraine as well as Nazis were shelling those children or how children who were removed from areas where bombing had massively escalated - they just call it "Kidnapping" . Shelling in that area by Ukraine on its own people actually killed thousands of civilians long before the "Invasion" even happened. Sad and uncomfortable truth is, The U.S does remove children from many places. One such was "Operation baby Lift" when over 3000 babies and children were lifted out of Vietnam and sent to the U.S and Australia without a care in the world as it was considered "politically acceptable" back in 1975 and the back then Ford government affectionately called the kidnapped children "Viet Orphans" and in more recent times the so called Charity that Hilary Clinton backed after the Earthquakes in Haiti where they helped themselves to children that they deemed orphans and displaced but they weren't displaced at all, in fact there were people arrested over it for brazenly stealing/kidnapping them. Suggesting the U.S don't take children from anywhere is very incorrect. I'm not trying to shit talk or vilify the United States but facts are facts , even my own Government here in Australia stole an entire generation of kids years ago it's nothing to be proud of but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
With respect , and I'm not wanting to have a dig at you personally just because of an opinion, but the level of fake news and propaganda is what perpetuates that belief. He didn't have them "straight up kidnapped" Children were relocated from danger zones and taken to refuges and foster care in Russia and Crimean peninsula. Russia did so in the lead up to the invasion as a result of an escalation of intense bombing by Ukraine on its own citizens in the Donbas. So many people don't give a shit about how Ukraine as well as Nazis were shelling those children or how children who were removed from areas where bombing had massively escalated - they just call it "Kidnapping" . Shelling in that area by Ukraine on its own people actually killed thousands of civilians long before the "Invasion" even happened. Sad and uncomfortable truth is, The U.S does remove children from many places. One such was "Operation baby Lift" when over 3000 babies and children were lifted out of Vietnam and sent to the U.S and Australia without a care in the world as it was considered "politically acceptable" back in 1975 and the back then Ford government affectionately called the kidnapped children "Viet Orphans" and in more recent times the so called Charity that Hilary Clinton backed after the Earthquakes in Haiti where they helped themselves to children that they deemed orphans and displaced but they weren't displaced at all, in fact there were people arrested over it for brazenly stealing/kidnapping them. Suggesting the U.S don't take children from anywhere is very incorrect. I'm not trying to shit talk or vilify the United States but facts are facts , even my own Government here in Australia stole an entire generation of kids years ago it's nothing to be proud of but it is what it is.
Ok, I'm going with this just for argument's sake here.

First, I'm not a huge supporter of my own country (USA), mostly because of conservative racist, overly religious, and alternate history bullshit. I just want to get that out of the way. But a couple of things of note.

First, Russia is NOT a western democracy. It is aligned with countries with the worst human rights records in the world, which should tell you something in context right there. One CAN judge someone by the friends they keep. That's the first thing.

Secondly, and more importantly, look at the former enemies of the allies, post-WWII. Germany, Japan, Austria, Hungary, (Turkey.) Look at what happened to Europe after the most traumatic and destructive war in world history. Look what's actually happening in Iraq now, even if we went about it in the wrong way. At least, under Bush Jr. we did. (Under Papa-Bush, it was the correct move. To protect the UN-recognized sovereignty of Kuwait).

Same with Vietnam. Went about it all the wrong ways. But today, Vietnam IS a beautiful, peaceful, and prospering nation.

While the track record of the US around the world isn't perfect, it DOES have a very good record of nation-building overall. And it's a highly stabilizing force. The geography of the planet, and the positioning of the US, keeps the Pacific allies (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and even decent countries like Indonesia and Vietnam), connected with the European allies. Australia and New Zealand, along with the US, Canada, and Europe; all have great human rights track records. That isn't propaganda. We all literally observe that on a daily basis on a personal level.

(Well, merkkkan police puts us down on the list a bit.)

Russia is notorious for cracking down on protests. They've taken away any headway for gay rights, and their media is highly suppressed. Like I said earlier, you can judge a person by the friends they keep.

Gay rights:

That's a litmus test. So is allowing words like "nigger" to be written or spoken in general.

I personally find homosexuality distasteful, as I do the word "nigger." I find transexuals even more distasteful than I do homosexuality. However, in a TRULY free society, you give EVERYONE equal rights, regardless of how distasteful or disagreeable you find their behavior, or even their race.

Gay marriage objectively does no harm. None. Same with transexuality. If a dude wants to dress as a woman, how the fuck does that affect you, personally? (Rhetorical question.)

My point is, how a country treats a marginalized minority, is reflective on that country's level of freedom and tolerance. Children being taken to Russia is paramount kidnapping, as it should be. The way Russia's been treating Ukraine and Ukrainians in general lately, does NOT bode well for Ukrainian children in a Russia that is clearly intolerant of minorities as a matter of official policy.

Back