Warning:Children Nigeria: Sectarian Violence (2 Viewers)

Warning

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The Nigerian conflict is an armed conflict of militant groups, different representatives of religious groupings and the government of Nigeria.

There exist several religions in Nigeria, helping to accentuate regional and ethnic distinctions.

The 2010 Jos riots were clashes between Muslim and Christian ethnic groups in central Nigeria near the city of Jos. The area has been plagued by violence for the past twenty years motivated by multiple factors.

The clashes have been characterized as "religious violence" by many news sources, although others cite ethnic and economic differences as the root of the violence.

Set 1.

victims-of-sectarian-violence1-Plateau-Nigeria-nov24-11.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence2-Plateau-Nigeria-mar2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence3-Jos-Nigeria-mar7-10.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence4-Jos-Nigeria-mar7-10.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
However, Islam dominated the north and had a number of supporters in the South Western, Yoruba part of the country.

Protestantism and local syncretic Christianity are also in evidence in Yoruba areas, while Catholicism dominates the Igbo and closely related areas.

Both Protestantism and Catholicism dominated in the Ibibio, Annang, and the Efik kiosa lands.

Set 2.

victims-of-sectarian-violence5-Plateau-Nigeria-jul2009.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence6-Nigeria-june2012.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence7-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

8. I think those are corn rolls...I thought they were worms or something at first...
victims-of-sectarian-violence8-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
According to a 2003 report, 50.4% of Nigeria's population are Muslims, 48.2% are Christians and 1.4% adhere to other religions. Among Christians, 27.8% are Catholic, 31.5% are Protestant and 40.7% belong to other Christian denominations.

Recent statistics show than Muslims make up 55 percent of Nigeria’s 140 million population, while Christians account for 40 percent.

Set 3.

victims-of-sectarian-violence9-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence10-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence11-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence12-Jos-Nigeria-jan2011.jpg

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
However, Islam dominated the north and had a number of supporters in the South Western, Yoruba part of the country.

Protestantism and local syncretic Christianity are also in evidence in Yoruba areas, while Catholicism dominates the Igbo and closely related areas.

Both Protestantism and Catholicism dominated in the Ibibio, Annang, and the Efik kiosa lands.

Set 2.

View attachment 89994

View attachment 89995

View attachment 89996

8. I think those are corn rolls...I thought they were worms or something at first...
View attachment 89997
I was COMPLETELY baffled by what I was looking at at first with that little girl's hair! I honestly thought the same as youn DH that they were some kinda worm or ugly assed bug! I kept staring and squinting until it regisrered it was leather wrapped around her little dreadlocks!

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
2010 March - More than 120 people are killed in clashes between Muslims and Christians in the flashpoint city of Jos.

2011 December - Nearly 70 people are killed in days of fighting between security forces and Boko Haram militants in north-eastern states of Yobe and Borno.

The conflict in Nigeria continues into 2013.

Set 9.

victims-of-sectarian-violence33-Jos-Nigeria-sep29-11.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence34-Jos-Nigeria-2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence35-Jos-Nigeria-mar2011.jpg

victims-of-sectarian-violence36-Jos-Nigeria-sep29-11.jpg

Back