People who work in the morgue why do you watch gore? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
since you're new, try to click the "reply" button. That way the other person gets notified when you reply to their message asking a question.

personally i think they watch gore cause it's their life, plus gore websites have that fresh stuff that's happening at the same time, morgue workers only see the aftermath.
I was gonna say, there's gotta be a bit of curiosity as to how people die, especially younger ones involved in accidents or who get murdered. Kinda gives them an idea of what the last moments were of someone they're working on was like.

I know that, like, when you visit a cemetery, you see a head stone from like 1870 or something like that. Wondering who that person was, what they looked like, who their relations were, how they died, and how many people attended their funeral. All of which will never be known by anyone, as 3 or 4 generations have all come and gone since that head stone was placed there.

So when you see a younger person, say their headstone says 1855 - 1870, kinda spikes your curiosity even more than if the headstone says 1790 - 1870. An accident of some sort most likely. Maybe an illness. So seeing someone be killed in a car wreck or a falling hunk of ice or something, kinda gives you an idea of what sort of scenario killed a 15 year old teenager from 150 years ago.

One thing I'd love to be a part of, would be to be part of a crew doing a cemetery move. In my hometown town, we have a cemetery called the "Williamsport Cemetery" on Washington Blvd. That's a "new" plot of land established in like 1920 that contains graves from as far back as the 1700s. In the year 1920, they wanted to expand the downtown area and decided to exhume every single grave plot and transport the old rotten bodies and their old caskets, many of them not so old at the time; everywhere from over a century old at the time, to much more "recent"; over to Washington Blvd to be reburied after the dedication ceremony.

Every single person who got to participate in exhuming all the bodies and transporting the remains to the newly dedicated cemetery, and all of their children and now most of the GRAND children are all gone themselves and some lying mere inches away from the already 70 year old remains they transported at the time in 1920; and are now themselves a good decades old.

It would also be cool to go "relic hunting" if it were legal. Not to just collect old rings and jewelry for myself in an actual of greed. But more out of morbid curiosity and historical finds. Like. It would be awesome to pull out an old corpse from 150 years ago that somehow was still somewhat preserved (it happens!) and their burial clothes were still intact. How awesomely creepy would it be to dig up an old lady who was buried in her wedding gown in 1866, 40 years after her marriage in 1826? To look upon a piece of fabric that human eyes haven't seen in 158 years, and was once cherished by that person and her kids and grand kids, whose body was still dressed in it? And wonder what that person was like, and what they would say or think, and what story they could tell about what her wedding day was like, etc?

I dunno. History fascinates the hell out of me. Seeing old photographs of my hometown that's from two centuries ago, and knowing that generations of people have come and gone since then. Imagining if one of those people could come back and walk through the town now, knowing that not a single person is left that was there when they themselves were. Or if I could be transported back to that time and see my town with a completely different atmosphere just because it had completely different people, different businesses, and many different structures altogether.

Kinda like when I went up to my high school a few weeks ago as a guest speaker, when I haven't stepped foot in that building in 22 years since I graduated, knowing a full 5 and a half generations of high school classes have come and gone, and almost a full generated cycle of teachers. When I walked through those halls, I had a shitload of memories of people, faces, and activities that are long gone, and nobody else would ever even know ever existed.

But yeah. Anyways. It's a curiosity thing.

Hasso

Rookie
After doing construction all day I go home and don't want to fix the wall. Pretty sure morgue & ambulance workers don't watch gore at end of day either,.
đź’Ż
I didn’t start looking at until I wasn’t a mortician’s assistant anymore.
No need to look at gore when you pick up suicides and car accident victims all day.
Craziest was a snowmobiler that went into a power poles anchor cable. He was wrapped around it and his neck was stretched almost twice normal length.

bloodvixen

Lurker
I don’t work at a morgue but I am an embalmer at a mortuary, the only living I interact with are my coworkers. I watch gore most days after work especially if Ive only been dealing with elderly “natural” deaths and need to scratch my itch for blood and shock factor. I guess I just have an addiction to feeling disturbed and discomforted and an addiction to watching death. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back