Serious Has Gore Gotten Easier Or Harder To Watch Over Time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

sirnovice

Rookie
Meh, I am totally desensitized by now so hardly anything really gets to me.

What's funny is that I am absolutely not the kind of guy who most would expect to be fascinated by death and gore. I'm just this lame-ass nerdy white boy who listens to punk, folk, classic rock and classic country music according to most people who know me IRL. Def not some hardened gangbanger, macho man, etc. But, one look at my browsing history will paint a much darker picture of me. And I don't mean "darker" as in skin tone.
You don’t need to be anything to be comfortable with anything gore or death related. Somethings might be disturbing from time to time but nothing jumps out at me. I remember being 13 and looking regular cartel activities. It was tough to watch as hearing someone react to getting killed was different. But at the same time I was very much interested in it. I guess it brought me answers to the old school newspapers you’d see for sale in the Mexican stores. The ones that always had color printed gore from Mexico.

dawhoda

Lurker
Do you think you will ever grow out of watching gore?

Has it gotten harder or easier to watch over time?

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
Much easier, becomes the norm lol. Plus with all these garbage new rules etc it's not even close to the same as it used to be like 7, 8 years ago.

You don’t need to be anything to be comfortable with anything gore or death related. Somethings might be disturbing from time to time but nothing jumps out at me. I remember being 13 and looking regular cartel activities. It was tough to watch as hearing someone react to getting killed was different. But at the same time I was very much interested in it. I guess it brought me answers to the old school newspapers you’d see for sale in the Mexican stores. The ones that always had color printed gore from Mexico.
The beheadings back in the day when it was 360 pixels and you still seen it clear as day because you were like...what the fuck! And had it stuck in your brain ever since, you see something even more fucked up😆

hangmansnoose

Fresh Meat
The beheadings back in the day when it was 360 pixels and you still seen it clear as day because you were like...what the fuck! And had it stuck in your brain ever since, you see something even more fucked up😆
Yeah watching gore in low pixel was very easy. However in good quality video it gets harder and harder since I automatically imagine the pain.

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
To me it’s almost the same I used to not be able to handle animals or kids or throat cuts/beheadings but now I’m so desensitized that it’s almost funny. The comments on every video ALWAYS have jokes or racist remarks and I think that’s why I laugh because now when I see something bad happen I either don’t react or I make a joke whether mean funny racist anything that would be similar to a joke I would see in the comments if that makes sense. Someone said that’s just my way of coping now because I’m still “scared” but I now have a different way of showing it.

Idk though when I was younger I saw a guy get shot in the head that traumatized me I screamed and cried but last year I saw the after math of a guy who got hit on his motorcycle he was just there clearly dead and that didn’t phase me one bit I was with my mom and I was like “that sucks” and I remember she got mad because she said what I said was rude and that my reaction “wasn’t healthy” (she’s sensitive lol)

Like you, I started watching gore around the same age I’m 24 now and weird enough I watched that same cartel video as my first gore vid.

It’s almost a good thing imo that I don’t react it helps me react better in real life situations I’m not scared when shit pops off but also I feel like I should have at least some type of emotion at least to feel normal.

Richard 1986

Life is sad Why ?
i'm French looking gore videos since many years before i watch bestgore why i do that ?? i don't know i saw HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THINGS like you and i always tell to myself How human beings can do such horrible things ?? beheadings murders violent s fights hammer murder
i have no answer .....

RebelFX

Now, I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
By far easier...... I used to be scarred by watching gore and would often look away.... now I eat while watching children die :shrug:

JustCupid

Lurker
Easier for sure but then again I always did enjoy watching gore. There wasnt really a build up of "let me work my way up" lol:teehee:

Around the same age for me too. I would shoot birds with BB guns never cried u til I got a male cardinal. I even smashed a turtle with a rock around this age. Why? You may ask. Being 31 now I’ve reflected on this question of many. My answer is that I didn’t want it to leave me and I inew I wouldn’t/couldn’t take care of it. There are no excuses here. Complaints sure and I apologize if I sound like I’m complaining. I am much brighter now but also a bit dimmer coming to terms with reality. But not everyone manifests the negative reality but I can definitely easily sense it’s subtleties. In a not so subtle note I’ve Seen an emptied brain in a passenger seat from Casualties of war. Best gore helped with reality. It’s fascinatingly peculiar how information becomes therapeutic . . To answer the question I’d have to say it’s both easier and more difficult. I project the fairy tale world while absorbing the real world in which I wish I was never a part of. Part of me wishes for absolute nothingness. Or even to be a piece of stone drifting through nothing. But I wake up and try to brighten up whatever is around me. Especially on cloudy misty weather. It’s always a beautiful day innit?

SparkleGem

Sparkle & Glow
It has gotten easier for me, but I get afraid easier now too. I keep thinking how horrible some of these things are and I don't wanna suffer or end up like that.

milol

NewbieX

to me it never changed tbh, it never made me flinch or dizzy or anything. but like morally it gets harder for me. when i saw my first gore vid ever i was around 10 or 11 also and yk in 6th grade being in the weird kids' group makes you cool as fuck if you watch gore. but as i got older i realised that oh that isn't normal, something's wrong with me. i hope this makes sense lmao

SquirmsOfUse

Fresh Meat
I pick what I watch differently, with nothing new under the sun, it needs to be a learning moment to get my click. I no longer click everything.

rudy$$$

Lurker
Honestly YouTube always gives you a partial part of any crime scene investigation I come here to see what YouTube couldn't say or show, I to this day I can't believe why people do the things they do, is really sad and more to the young innocent lives lost.

Back