Serious Has Gore Gotten Easier Or Harder To Watch Over Time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

garrett11096

Momento Mori
Do you think you will ever grow out of watching gore?

Has it gotten harder or easier to watch over time?

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
The gore I’ve seen in real life through working as a doctor was more challenging, as there is a direct emotional element to it. Either via the patient if they were able to speak, or their families if the patient died or was unable to speak. I became hardened to real life gore quickly, you have to in order to help patients and their loved ones.

I rarely get an emotional trigger watching videos now. Sometimes one comes along, like the recent video of the woman bound to a bench having her buttocks shredded by a pervert, that sparks emotion in me (anger with that one).

One thing I still find emotive is listening to patients telling me about abuse they have experienced as a child or in abusive relationships. I feel a strong wave of anger in these cases, but I’m able to remain calm to help the patient. It’s also very hard dealing with the children of young cancer patients when they are close to dying. As a parent myself it’s hard to put up an emotional wall with children.

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
Depends on the type of gore. Beheadings and stuff have become easier to watch, because I don't have a whole lot of empathy for people who get themselves in those shit situations.

Sadistic or cruel violence to innocent people has become harder. The more and more I see the more and more disgusted and depressed I get about humanity.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
The gore I’ve seen in real life through working as a doctor was more challenging, as there is a direct emotional element to it. Either via the patient if they were able to speak, or their families if the patient died or was unable to speak. I became hardened to real life gore quickly, you have to in order to help patients and their loved ones.

I rarely get an emotional trigger watching videos now. Sometimes one comes along, like the recent video of the woman bound to a bench having her buttocks shredded by a pervert, that sparks emotion in me (anger with that one).

One thing I still find emotive is listening to patients telling me about abuse they have experienced as a child or in abusive relationships. I feel a strong wave of anger in these cases, but I’m able to remain calm to help the patient. It’s also very hard dealing with the children of young cancer patients when they are close to dying. As a parent myself it’s hard to put up an emotional wall with children.
Well said my friend. I love watching MMA but when the female fighter’s faces get black, blue and swollen it reminds me of domestic violence patients I’ve treated

ZZZBen

This user was banned
Meh, I am totally desensitized by now so hardly anything really gets to me.

What's funny is that I am absolutely not the kind of guy who most would expect to be fascinated by death and gore. I'm just this lame-ass nerdy white boy who listens to punk, folk, classic rock and classic country music according to most people who know me IRL. Def not some hardened gangbanger, macho man, etc. But, one look at my browsing history will paint a much darker picture of me. And I don't mean "darker" as in skin tone.

MuddyHands

Panty sniffer
Like anything in life, it gets easier.
This might be strange coming from someone whose is a member of a Gore forum, but I don't actively enjoy watching Gore, when there's really heavy stuff I just scroll down a bit and stick with the audio. I believe we actually lose some energy watching terrible stuff.
With that said though, to me, watching/hearing this stuff serves as a reminder that life can change in a blink, so its best to always be on your toes.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!

I was introduced to gore when I was about 10 or 11. The first video I ever watched was the famous Mexican cartel chainsaw beheading. I can’t recall who showed me the video possibly an older brother of a friend. Anyways, I started really watching gore when I was about 15 with my friend and we would watch videos in our high school math class and show other kids and laugh at their reactions. This was at the time when bestgore was our go to site. I’ve never been able to handle knife videos of people getting slashed or cut and definitely no animals but anything else I can usually handle. But over time I feel like I’m starting to feel like these people I’m watching getting murdered aren’t even people if that makes sense. There’s no way if I was to get my head chopped off I’m ever being at rest. It’s like when your best friend dies for instance, you expect them to go to heaven or be at peace. That’s what these people being murdered parents are expecting lol. It kinda blows my mind. Backtrack to the story I’m now 22 and I feel like when I was younger It was lowkey easier to watch gore. I don’t think I’ll ever quit watching it as I like seeing what goes on in the real world but I feel like my view has changed.. man I’m high. Time to go watch some more videos.
Way Fkn Easier!!! I'm a "GORE GLUTTON"
FEED ME!!! FEEEEEED MEEEEEE!!!
🤘🤟🤙...SP

john5

The lunatic is on the grass
I love gore, I especially like when it involves 2 wheeled machines and an idiot.
I don't like it when it involves innocent people being inflicted by another person, if its an accident then 'shit happens'.
I hate when it involves animals unless it is the animal that is ripping apart the person.
I prefer to see gore as it happens rather than pictures or video's of the aftermath.
Other than that, any shit will do.

Sirialni

Fresh Meat
It has become easier, as it would for almost everyone.
As humans we get desensitised to things (this is what you're experiencing).
If we didn't, we wouldn't be able to get through life.

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
I love gore, I especially like when it involves 2 wheeled machines and an idiot.
I don't like it when it involves innocent people being inflicted by another person, if its an accident then 'shit happens'.
I hate when it involves animals unless it is the animal that is ripping apart the person.
I prefer to see gore as it happens rather than pictures or video's of the aftermath.
Other than that, any shit will do.
SAME!!! JUMPERS R A RIOT!!
🤘🤟🤙...SP

Chief Queef

Last of the Mohicans
Oddly enough, true gore has made me more compassionate towards humans and made me more empathetic. Seeing the awesome destruction of what a bullet can do or what can happen around machinery makes me think and makes me more cautious. I imagine this is not the anticipated outcome regarding an individual who saturates themselves in gore and death since a prepubescent male, but I am not "normal" by any means...

Back