Serious Racial Profiling in Modern Journalism (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Morally-Skewed-Hippo

ReallyJess is my fabulous Fag-hag
When a corporate journo reports on a murderer, they mention his race in the first few sentences* of the article in:
- 68% of articles when the murderer is white.
- 12% of articles when black.
GIe1ttbWIAAubZK.png

Note: These charts use "Articles That Even Mention The Murderer's Race" as the denominator.
The charts do not include articles that don't mention their race.

I'd imagine this disparity in reporting would grow substantially if we included "race not mentioned at all" articles. But that's a much harder question to study in text.

Anyway, this chart below is the full dataset of where in the article the race is mentioned.

This visualization is much less "glanceable" & provides basically no additional insight into this issue than the simpler chart above. So I didn't use it.

GIe8JLsWgAMIRTc.png

In addition, they mis-race whites all the time, when a lot of crimes are from Hispanics that they show as ‘white’ in their statistics.

Put simply, Blacks are protected in modern media, while Caucasians are outright demonised - either when guilty or yet to be proven innocent.

*in the first 2/10ths of words of the article

The likelihood of a newspaper mentioning a murderer's race depends on the murderer's race.

"White offenders' race was mentioned in roughly 1 out of every 4 articles, compared with 1 in 17 articles about a black offender and 1 in 33 articles about a Hispanic offender."

GIezmtqb0AAa1N7.jpeg

Last edited:

Harumph

"What, me worry?"
Newspapers
Boy those were the days, weren't they, getting news two and three days old when we had plenty of time to discuss each issue as they came? Good times. Now we get fraud, treachery, chaos, death and destruction thrusted upon us practically as it happens!

Last edited:

hedgerow

simpelton
one thing i do notice is they never mention that lots of school shootings and other mass murders are committed by homosexuals

D.O.A.

We are Kings
When a corporate journo reports on a murderer, they mention his race in the first few sentences* of the article in:
- 68% of articles when the murderer is white.
- 12% of articles when black.
View attachment 761384
Note: These charts use "Articles That Even Mention The Murderer's Race" as the denominator.
The charts do not include articles that don't mention their race.

I'd imagine this disparity in reporting would grow substantially if we included "race not mentioned at all" articles. But that's a much harder question to study in text.

Anyway, this chart below is the full dataset of where in the article the race is mentioned.

This visualization is much less "glanceable" & provides basically no additional insight into this issue than the simpler chart above. So I didn't use it.

View attachment 761385

In addition, they mis-race whites all the time, when a lot of crimes are from Hispanics that they show as ‘white’ in their statistics.

Put simply, Blacks are protected in modern media, while Caucasians are outright demonised - either when guilty or yet to be proven innocent.

*in the first 2/10ths of words of the article

The likelihood of a newspaper mentioning a murderer's race depends on the murderer's race.

"White offenders' race was mentioned in roughly 1 out of every 4 articles, compared with 1 in 17 articles about a black offender and 1 in 33 articles about a Hispanic offender."

View attachment 761392
Because the normies might connect all the dots

20240313_090402.jpg

tl;dr Pitbulls are literally niggers

Back