Robin Williams Dead (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

beaverbreath

Well Known Member
Yes, asphyxia is the cause of death when someone hangs themselves.
Hanging, if done right, snaps the neck and cuts the spinal cord. Death pretty much instantaneous. Hangmen used to have to get an accurate weight of the victim to determine the correct length of rope to assure instant death. Errors lead to either a live hanger or ripping the head from the body.
Of course desperate common people are no experts and usually end up the asphyxiation route. ie prison suicides or home jobs.

kevin kirk

Forum Veteran
Well, you do have a point. Suicide is stupid and in the end, it IS a selfish, cowardly act. However, the person doing it isn't MEANING to be selfish and cowardly. The pain is so great that the thought of another day with it is too great to bear; they feel that they have absolutely nothing to look forward to and nothing to look back on; that everything they have ever done is a useless, stupid waste and that their family would really be far better off without them. But they are soooo wrong. Especially about their family. All it leaves their family with is trauma, misery and GUILT. And their family will NEVER "get over it".

That having been said: at least they're releasing more info for us who want all of the nasty details. He was found by his assistant in his bedroom hung by his belt with superficial cuts on his wrists and rigor mortis had begun to set in. Now that the initial shock has worn off, I'm ready for some pics.
2902643161_cc11ffceef_o.jpg
He knew exactly what it would do to his family.For that fact alone proves he meant every heart break he gave them..He was a capable human that weighed what it would do to family and still done it..He was a fucking jerk

canadafrog

Fresh Meat
NO ONE IS ETERNAL ..

Am I the only guy that didn't think he ever made anything worth watching but mork and mindy?

I thought his movie career sucked, I mean I didn't want him to kill himself but I wasn't exactly a fan.

I knew he was a manic depressant type but hearing he killed himself is still a total shocker.

gristle

Lurking and Lurking
One of my favorite roles is where he played a psycho killer of a young girl - he was stalked by Al Pacino. He apparently also wanted a role as a baddie in the Batman series

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
..........View attachment 178713 He knew exactly what it would do to his family.For that fact alone proves he meant every heart break he gave them..He was a capable human that weighed what it would do to family and still done it..He was a fucking jerk

I'm not saying it wasn't stupid. But no; suicidal people don't usually do it out of spite. I guess you have to be there to understand it. You honestly feel that you are hurting them by being alive. If he was relapsing in his drug and alcohol problems, he might have not wanted to take his family down that dysfunctional path again. Ergo, in a sick mind, his death might have been a better option than dragging down his family with his constant depression and substance abuse problems. Sick people think that way.

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
:death:

don't forget your «thoughts and prayers»:death:
I already prayed 4 them!. But thanks 4 the thought. Anyone one who has had a family mmber or friend take their own life, the feeling is totally different than loosing a friend in an accident?. Its hard to describe in words but those who have experienced it know exactly wat i mean!

Sicksicle

Well Known Member
Suicide is a act of deep profound sadness and hopelessness, it's not a selfish act meant to inflict pain on others, I can guarantee you he thought he was better off, his family was better off, and the world was better off without him, he was wrong but that's the great lie depression tells you and I'm the grips of it suicide is the only thing that is clear and makes sense. I'm so sick of the clichéd "suicide is a selfish act"
And that comes from people with no idea and no empathy for others pain.
If you've ever been there or close you'd understand the pain and loneliness and the relief when the idea of death comes and how much sense it makes to the victim of depression. But I do understand that folks that don't feel it don't get it suicide seems like a cowardly act to them.

kevin kirk

Forum Veteran
I'm not saying it wasn't stupid. But no; suicidal people don't usually do it out of spite. I guess you have to be there to understand it. You honestly feel that you are hurting them by being alive. If he was relapsing in his drug and alcohol problems, he might have not wanted to take his family down that dysfunctional path again. Ergo, in a sick mind, his death might have been a better option than dragging down his family with his constant depression and substance abuse problems. Sick people think that way.
......No,,family and friends and anyone trying to make sense and try to reason why someone killed thereself think that way.Theres a big difference,and Ill even tell you how to tell...You can tell because it doesn't make any freaking sence..The actual victim is thinking I want to die no matter what the cost...

P

Psycho Lady

Internet Warrior
I met him in a San Francisco hostpital once. He was very nice but kinda quite and shy almost. More of introvert than he comes across on tv interviews. I've also had other friends in San Fran that had the same sorta experience with him. He is really nothing like you would think he would be in person. RIP
Oh yea, also his house had this huge T-Rex bush coming out of his backyard it was pretty funny.

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
......No,,family and friends and anyone trying to make sense and try to reason why someone killed thereself think that way.Theres a big difference,and Ill even tell you how to tell...You can tell because it doesn't make any freaking sence..The actual victim is thinking I want to die no matter what the cost...

And you know this because you were suicidal, right? And you've worked with those who were? Not everything happens because people are bastards, you know. People sometimes do things that turn out to be a bastard act but that doesn't mean that they MEANT to be a bastard or that they INTENDED to hurt anyone.

tyyp

Rookie
It says his wife last saw him at 10 pm but left their house that morning at 10:30 and she thought he was sleeping... so they must not have been sleeping in the same room... maybe they were fighting or something and that's what pushed him over :(

it would had been terrible thing if because of fighting in that condition. she should had been smarter

Back