Russian Helicopter Down (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
A Russian military helicopter brought down by Chechen fighters in Chechnya. I'm not sure on the date of these photos - probably 2007'ish.

Set 1.

1. Still from video showing the helicopter on fire and going down.
russian-chopper-shot-down1-Chechnya.jpg

2. The burning wreckage.
russian-chopper-shot-down2-Chechnya.jpg

russian-chopper-shot-down3-Chechnya.jpg

russian-chopper-shot-down4-Chechnya.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Yes, they are deep fried and well done. Amazingly 2 or 3 troops managed to get out. But the forward crew weren't so lucky.

MrEz

Cynical Member
Yes, they are deep fried and well done. Amazingly 2 or 3 troops managed to get out. But the forward crew weren't so lucky.

damn! they were extremely lucky....

kinda reminded me of this:
Vesna Vulović (Serbian: Весна Вуловић; born 3 January 1950) is a Serbian former flight attendant. She holds the world record, according to the Guinness Book of Records, for surviving the highest fall without a parachute: 10,160 metres (33,330 ft).

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I'd take a guess that the few troops that survived this crash where in the tail section. The first image of the helicopter coming down shows the forward section fully engulfed in flames. The wreckage on the ground shows that the only recognizable part of the copter was the tail section (which might have been larger before the fire was extinguisghed).

Those young airmen can sure count their lucky stars.

I'd take a guess that the few troops that survived this crash where in the tail section. The first image of the helicopter coming down shows the forward section fully engulfed in flames. The wreckage on the ground shows that the only recognizable part of the copter was the tail section (which might have been larger before the fire was extinguisghed).

Those young airmen can sure count their lucky stars.
Agreed...Unless, they were captured by the Chechens afterwards.

Back