someone's killing kitties (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
Dead cats found hanging from New York tree killed by blows: authorities

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Twenty-five dead cats found stuffed in plastic bags and hung from tree limbs in Yonkers, outside New York City, were killed by blows to the head, investigators said on Friday.

The dead cats were discovered on Thursday by sanitation workers doing a routine cleanup of wooded areas in Yonkers, about 17 miles north of New York City, according to the Westchester County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

The felines were all in different states of decomposition, indicating they had been killed at different times, the SPCA said. Their bodies, stuffed in black, white and yellow plastic grocery bags, appear to have been strung from the tree limbs over the past several months.

"All of us at the SPCA of Westchester are deeply appalled by this depraved act of animal cruelty," said Shannon Laukhuf, the group's executive director.

Necropsy results released Friday found the cats died of blunt force trauma to the head, the SPCA said.

"Both the SPCA of Westchester and the Yonkers Police Department are highly motivated to find those who are responsible for this heinous act," said Ernest Lungaro, director of the SPCA of Westchester's Humane Law Enforcement Division.

Investigators were still trying to determine whether the cats were feral or domestic.

The killings do not appear to be part of a ritual, the SPCA said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA3O1W220140425?irpc=932

Drago420

Rookie
Pretty sure I've heard of a few serial murders who started with pets and then moved on to humans. Hopefully they catch these fuckers before they get the chance to hurt someone.

mayhem

Rookie
Fucking sick fuckers... I would never understand why would you kill a animal if you're not going to eat it or if it's not attacking you.. To kill a cat is absurd, and from my point of view really evil..

TehBitch

*I Squirt Blonde*
Administrator
Sounds like a serial killer in the making or someone trying to help with lowering the pet population..:(

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
A serial kitty killer crushed the skulls of 25 cats before hanging their corpses like ornaments from a Yonkers tree, leaving horrified neighbors worried about their safety.

“I’m scared, because what if next it’s people?” asked Shatiqua Shubrick, 22, who lives next door to the vacant lot where the felines were stuffed in bags and tied to tree limbs.

We need to find out who this killer is,” said a rattled Shubrick. “It’s disgusting, it’s disturbing, to do that to cats.”

Investigators were searching Friday for the cat slayer who left behind the sick trophies in what authorities fear might be some type of sadistic ritual. Some of the corpses were apparently hung in the last few days, while others were nothing more than skeletons, officials said.

A city sanitation worker said he made a similar discovery in the same lot at Overlook Terrace last summer.

This is from the New York Times. So this is apparently the second incident of finding dead cats in bags hanging in trees...

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
I read that area was known to be a dumping ground and the neighborhood didn't think much about seeing trash hanging from trees..:facepalm:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/04/25-dead-cats-found-plastic-bags-hanging-tree-limbs-ny/
It was too late to edit my last post but this actually has been going on since last summer, and was never reported. Wtf?! They said it was only a few cats and was thought to be people's deceased pets, because that's what you do with pets, tie 'em up and chunk 'em in the trees. This is a weird story...

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
Im soo fucking mad when i read this :rage: this is sad and very disturbing!. No one is safe in that neighborhood:nono: untill these fuckers are caught

FallenSentry

The Relentless Cynic
Short Bussed
Im soo fucking mad when i read this :rage: this is sad and very disturbing!. No one is safe in that neighborhood:nono: untill these fuckers are caught
It's usually an unpopular opinion. But when caught we should have "quicky justice" served a la China. No time wasted. Tying up the courts.

Back