Something something Challenger 2. [British military history and current world affairs] (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Morally-Skewed-Hippo

ReallyJess is my fabulous Fag-hag
Before the T-14 Dramarta rolled onto the scene, the most controversial tank in the modern military enthusiast's meme catalog was the Challenger 2.

Much slated for being expensive, over-weight, with a frontal plate so weak it could be penetrated by cannons from World War Two, and a gun that couldn't compete with modern armor.

It was seen as a tank that was, impressive for its time in theory, but built by a cash-strapped former world power and thus had fallen far below the standard, an upgrade, to an upgrade, to an upgrade that no one in the British army had ever wanted to begin with and only tolerated out of a sense of national pride.

Famed (in his own opinion) Military Historian, Lazerpig, gives an accurate and honest dive into the Challenger 2 tank, it's flaws, it's strengths, why sending this tank to Ukraine was more than just a political move, and why perhaps it was a wake-up call to guard against Putin's insidious slow corruption of Western values and policies.

Morally-Skewed-Hippo

ReallyJess is my fabulous Fag-hag
I worked on them from 98 to 04 . They really were a good piece of kit back in the day. Bad points are the engines are unreliable and under powered.
That's what Lazerpig said in his video. He admitted that it does have flaws, but is otherwise a good MBT. They did upgrade the Leyland engine in some models, but the tracks tended to tear themself off from the torque. British Engineering...... not what it used to be. :)

Gamma🍄Goblin

Im the guy who cleans up your mess after you die!
Leyland v12 was the mk1 . Mk 2 had the CV12 1200 HP cummings engine . Slightly more reliable .

That's what Lazerpig said in his video. He admitted that it does have flaws, but is otherwise a good MBT. They did upgrade the Leyland engine in some models, but the tracks tended to tear themself off from the torque. British Engineering...... not what it used to be. :)
More reliable than a gas turbine engine (A1M) in fine desert sand

D.O.A.

We are Kings
For the price of 1 challenger tank you can buy 140 lancet drones to turn any tank into an oven. That's 140 shots at one tank. Tanks are finished unless they have solid air defence.

Back