animals Swallowing Rotten Boars Head Maggots And All (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

raisinbran

Not French, but I do kiss that way
Im assuming it died a few days later too?
I donโ€™t think it would. My big bro used to keep a monitor lizard, to which he fed (wet) cat food. But the lizard always waited for the cat food go rancid first, before consuming it.

The video shows a komodo, I think, but monitors are closely related. The bites of both are dangerous simply because of all the rotten stuff they eat and the bacteria in their mouths

DokraOwl

Hooter
I donโ€™t think it would. My big bro used to keep a monitor lizard, to which he fed (wet) cat food. But the lizard always waited for the cat food go rancid first, before consuming it.

The video shows a komodo, I think, but monitors are closely related. The bites of both are dangerous simply because of all the rotten stuff they eat and the bacteria in their mouths
The Komodo Dragon is renowned for its dirty bacteria-laden bite which induces sepsis in its prey. Even if the prey escapes they will usually die and then the dragon will find and eat the carcass later. The neat thing is the dragon is naturally immune to the bacteria present in its mouth and the rest of its digestive tract, so if it gets bit by itself or another dragon in a fight it won't get sick or die. There are studies that are in the works to extract the bacteria-fighting properties of the Komodo Dragon's blood as a replacement for the antibiotics we currently use today.

DeathMetalWife

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
Much like an Owl, the Komodo Dragon does not shit out the bones it eats, it regulates them in the form of a pellet after all the flesh has been digested in its stomach. Source: Trust me โ˜บ๏ธ
Fascinating, learn something new everyday. Thanks! โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ’š

Back