The Crossbow Cannibal (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hellwig

Banned
crossbow cannibal.jpg

For the murders which took place in and near Bradford between 1975-1980, see Peter Sutcliffe.
Stephen Griffiths
Background information
Birth name Stephen Shaun Griffiths
Also known as The Crossbow Cannibal
Born 24 December 1969 (age 42)
Dewsbury, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
Conviction Murder
Sentence Life imprisonment
Killings
Number of victims 3-14+[citation needed]
Country England
Date apprehended 24 May 2010

The Bradford murders were three serial killings of female sex workers from the northern English city of Bradford in 2009 and 2010.
43-year-old Susan Rushworth disappeared on 22 June 2009, followed by 31-year-old Shelley Armitage on 26 April 2010 and 36-year-old Suzanne Blamires on 21 May of the same year.[1]
Stephen Shaun Griffiths, 40, was arrested on 24 May and subsequently charged with killing the three women.[2]
Parts of Blamires's body were found in the River Aire in Shipley, near Bradford, on 25 May. Other human tissue found in the same river was later established to belong to Armitage.[3]
No remains of Rushworth have been found.[4]
[edit]
Conviction of Stephen Griffiths

Wikinews has related news:
Stephen Shaun[5] Griffiths, born on 24 December 1969 in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, was arrested and in May 2010 he appeared in the magistrates' court giving his name as "The Crossbow Cannibal".[6][7][8] At a crown court appearance that afternoon he was remanded in custody until his next court appearance.[6] He made a second appearance at crown court on 7 June via a video link from Wakefield Prison where a trial date of 16 November 2010 was set.[9]
On 21 December 2010 Griffiths was convicted of all three murders after pleading guilty. He was given a life sentence without the possibility of parole.[10] While in prison, Griffiths has attempted suicide on several occasions.[11][12]
[edit]
Post trial statements

Griffiths' criminal history included a 3-year sentence, when aged 17, for an unprovoked knife attack on a supermarket manager.[13]Whilst in custody he stated that he saw himself becoming a murderer, and psychiatrists warned that he fantasised about becoming a serial killer.[13] In 1991 he was diagnosed as a "schizoid psychopath" and the following year received a 2-year prison sentence for holding a knife to the throat of a girl.[13]
In 2009, Griffiths was admitted to the University of Bradford to write a Ph.D. in homicide studies.[14]
Police had been watching Griffiths for two years before he killed his victims and had already seized hunting weapons.[15] They [the police] contacted the housing association which owns the flat in which Griffiths lived after Griffiths was observed reading books on dismemberment.[15] The housing association shared the police's concerns and fitted a better CCTV system in anticipation of an incident. At the time of the murders, police had no evidence for an Anti-Social Behaviour Order.[15]

Last edited:

Tezaniac

your friendly neighbor
This user was banned
It's an old story? from when osama still lived?
Nice tho..
I get goosebumps from the second vid.

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
You mean European law in general?
I mean like the guy that got the maximum of 21 years for killing 79 people that fucking law it's ridiculous, he should get a life sentence for every life he took, in the states he would have our laws are so lax it pays to kill here you may get out when you are older I am tired of it.

Tezaniac

your friendly neighbor
This user was banned
I mean like the guy that got the maximum of 21 years for killing 79 people that fucking law it's ridiculous, he should get a life sentence for every life he took, in the states he would have our laws are so lax it pays to kill here you may get out when you are older I am tired of it.
I thought the states had heavier sentences then Europe.
I know.. but it's the maximum he could get and he damn knew it before he started killing.
He's an intellectual, really. He's a smart guy and I got respect for him and for his reasoning.
Only bad thing he did was to kill white kids and people.
He's claiming he acted out of self-defense. Isn't that brilliant?

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
I know.. but it's the maximum he could get and he damn knew it before he started killing.
He's an intellectual, really. He's a smart guy and I got respect for him and for his reasoning.
The States do that's what I wrote that was my point, you respect that piece of human garbage seriously you do?, he acted out of I can't tell you because I don't know he claimed some racist nonsense but most of the kids he killed where white so that is silly to begin with.

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
Only bad thing was to kill white people? you a fucking Nazi?

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
You don't know about the muslim problems here in Europe. Maybe I should start a thread about it.
Be my guest start one then you will get ya head out of ya ass and ask me what nationality I am.

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
And to think I actually gave you the time of day.

Tezaniac

your friendly neighbor
This user was banned
So by now you know that I don't like EXTREME muslims.
Not only muslims cause I have sheep-fuckers in my family.

D

DECADENCE

Internet Warrior
You want to know where I come from PM me instead of clogging the site with racist bullshit.

Back