Thoughts on recent Nashville shooting?? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I’m in disbelief my prayers go out to the families that lost their children and or a loved one… aside that I’m more in shock because it’s not every day that you hear a female was a shooter in these situations let alone a teen with weapons as the ones she had… any thoughts ?!

Chief Queef

Last of the Mohicans
Earlier this weekend I was shopping at the 16th street mall and heard 2 transients walking around shouting "Now I know why people go on mass shootings". More of these terrible scenarios will follow as more and more people "snap". I don't know what to do, but I do know forfeiting our arms is insanity...

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
My thoughts?

When is The U.S going to wake up and smell the coffee?

School Shootings by Country 2023
That genie is out of the bottle. The 2nd Amendment and gun culture is so deeply rooted in US culture and its part of the American identity, there will never be any meaningful reform since like any polarizing issue the lunatics on both sides carry too much political power.

I'm VERY much pro-gun and pro 2A but when talking with other gun owners in the States its almost impossible to have a reasonable conversation. I don't believe in high capacity (IMO that would be anything >20 rounds for a long gun, >12 rounds for a handgun) and don't see any reason why a civilian should be allowed to own an automatic weapon. When I talk to other US gun enthusiasts their response to that is if they give in on any restriction its just a slippery slope till the Democrats take away all their guns.

I know it would make most American gun owner's heads explode but I think the Swiss model is reasonable. Guns and gun safety is engrained into Swiss from a very early age. Pellet guns, family range days with kids are very popular and it then leads into very safe & responsible gun ownership as an adult. They have limits on the number of guns that can be owned, a very rigid training & licensing model and consequently very little gun violence.

deviant2

hell is other people
Taking all bets, woman had a mental illness, was taking prescription drugs for a mental illness, or the woman is in fact a man in a dress who identifies as a woman (and therefore is perfectly sane because it's politically incorrect to say otherwise). Place your bets now.
I'm gonna add that she was known to law enforcement perhaps through issues at home or school, petty crimes perhaps shoplifting or vandalizing. Possible abuse in the home.
It always seems like we find out the police are familiar with these young shooters after the fact.

jimmymore

Lurker
Taking all bets, woman had a mental illness, was taking prescription drugs for a mental illness, or the woman is in fact a man in a dress who identifies as a woman (and therefore is perfectly sane because it's politically incorrect to say otherwise). Place your bets now.
Eh, I say this woman was a Muslim and was motivated to kill as many Christian’s as possible

John Lemon

Im a Lemon
That genie is out of the bottle. The 2nd Amendment and gun culture is so deeply rooted in US culture and its part of the American identity, there will never be any meaningful reform since like any polarizing issue the lunatics on both sides carry too much political power.

I'm VERY much pro-gun and pro 2A but when talking with other gun owners in the States its almost impossible to have a reasonable conversation. I don't believe in high capacity (IMO that would be anything >20 rounds for a long gun, >12 rounds for a handgun) and don't see any reason why a civilian should be allowed to own an automatic weapon. When I talk to other US gun enthusiasts their response to that is if they give in on any restriction its just a slippery slope till the Democrats take away all their guns.

I know it would make most American gun owner's heads explode but I think the Swiss model is reasonable. Guns and gun safety is engrained into Swiss from a very early age. Pellet guns, family range days with kids are very popular and it then leads into very safe & responsible gun ownership as an adult. They have limits on the number of guns that can be owned, a very rigid training & licensing model and consequently very little gun violence.
reform would be understanding that the 2nd amendment is apart of out culture and should be utilized as a safety measure if its also a threat. imagine if the teachers were trained and all held here at gun point, id go as far to say she wouldn't have even attempted if she knew her teachers were trained marksman. we protect gold and celebrities with guns why not our most valuable asset, Children.

WickedMal

🖤 Death 🖤
Super Moderator
I'm gonna add that she was known to law enforcement perhaps through issues at home or school, petty crimes perhaps shoplifting or vandalizing. Possible abuse in the home.
It always seems like we find out the police are familiar with these young shooters after the fact.
This incident didn't just spontaneously happen, there had to be signs that people chose to ignore...:shrug:

Last edited:

Jessica Fletcher. 🍳

𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚊 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑.
I’m in disbelief my prayers go out to the families that lost their children and or a loved one… aside that I’m more in shock because it’s not every day that you hear a female was a shooter in these situations let alone a teen with weapons as the ones she had… any thoughts ?!
Well she's 28 so not really a teen was my 1st thought.

tewteks187

Rookie
Guns are what make us free, you could snap your fingers and make all the guns in the world disappear and people will still kill each other they will always find a way wether it be with a knife a rock, jump in a truck and drive threw people or even easier a massive bomb look at Oklahoma City bombing. At the end of the day guns are just tools like a hammer or a machete they should be looking into why people wanna do this shit in the first place not blame an object.

TonyBliar

Rookie
Guns are what make us free, you could snap your fingers and make all the guns in the world disappear and people will still kill each other they will always find a way wether it be with a knife a rock, jump in a truck and drive threw people or even easier a massive bomb look at Oklahoma City bombing. At the end of the day guns are just tools like a hammer or a machete they should be looking into why people wanna do this shit in the first place not blame an object.

And this is why America Will always be a third world country.

DokraOwl

Hooter
Death is a part of life. Wish we had the images from the incident to share.
The site would be taken down by the feds.

And this is why America Will always be a third world country.
If you think America is a third world country you must be living in a really shitty part of it due to your own mental and/or physical inability to better your social/economic standing. That or you're not an American at all. No offense.

Unhinged & mildly racist

This user was banned
I’ll bet
1679953120983.gif

Back