Titanic sight seeing vessel disappears (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

deviant2

hell is other people
In order to recover the remains, a large seine net will be lowered into the debris field, in the hope of collecting some of the tiny pieces of tissue before the sea creatures consume everything.
Too late. There isn't any bits in that kind of pressure. It'd be like the spaghetti effect in a black hole. They were stretched and gone without ever knowing what happened. They probably knew they were in deep shit, and that would've been awful. But their deaths were quicker than the blink of an eye.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Too late. There isn't any bits in that kind of pressure. It'd be like the spaghetti effect in a black hole. They were stretched and gone without ever knowing what happened. They probably knew they were in deep shit, and that would've been awful. But their deaths were quicker than the blink of an eye.
More like meatball effect. They were squished, not stretched.

"Ruh roh! Did anyone bring spare batteries for the controller?"

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Apparently the wife of SeaGate's co-founder, who was also the pilot of the submersible, was the great great granddaughter of a wealthy couple who died on the Titanic (their children weren't with them). The scene in the movie showing the man unwilling to board a boat and the woman who refuses to leave him (her husband) is supposed to have been depicting these two.

Meet the in-laws...

And now people want to try their luck exploring active volcanoes so someone came up with this contraption...

Volvanoe explorer vessel.jpg

deviant2

hell is other people
More like meatball effect. They were squished, not stretched.

"Ruh roh! Did anyone bring spare batteries for the controller?"
No, no, no... We're talking apples and oranges here. There's a spaghetti stretching thing that happens in that sort of pressure before the meatballs do their thing.

There's a thread here about a group of 3 or 4 people who were in a modular underwater something something something. They were in the decompression part or something something something and a lever malfunctioned or a safety something something something broke... and some very odd shit happened to the bodies or something something something... and one of them was stretched and sucked through the damn door frame. Or something equally bizarre. There were parts left of that guy, though not much. I think they'd surfaced maybe and then all hell broke loose.

EDIT: maybe it was the tiny spy window he got sucked through, or the key hole... I feel like door frame but that may be wrong. Either and or, the man was stretched like pasta, he didn't go boom.

Anybody remember the thread I'm talking about?
@McM, do you remember where that story is?

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
No, no, no... We're talking apples and oranges here. There's a spaghetti stretching thing that happens in that sort of pressure before the meatballs do their thing.

There's a thread here about a group of 3 or 4 people who were in a modular underwater something something something. They were in the decompression part or something something something and a lever malfunctioned or a safety something something something broke... and some very odd shit happened to the bodies or something something something... and one of them was stretched and sucked through the damn door frame. Or something equally bizarre. There were parts left of that guy, though not much. I think they'd surfaced maybe and then all hell broke loose.

Something about that sounds familiar...I think they were in a decompression tank or something...a while back too I think.

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Yeah,, but there has to be some bone flakes, tooth pieces, jewelry, hair, and yes they were dead and reduced to pulp in an incredibly short time. Some of the articles I have read say that that it takes 4 thousandths of a second for the brain to receive input from the body.
Their deaths would have happened in less than 1 thousandth of a second.
They did not know of anything, just gone. poof.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality

EDIT: maybe it was the tiny spy window he got sucked through, or the key hole... I feel like door frame but that may be wrong. Either and or, the man was stretched like pasta, he didn't go boom.

That was the Byford Dolphin incident. They were victims of "explosive decompression". The opposite of what happened to the men in the OceanGate submersible. That would be why there was spaghettification in that incident. They stretched out and exploded like overinflated balloons.

WickedMal

🖤 Death 🖤
Super Moderator

deviant2

hell is other people
That was the Byford Dolphin incident. They were victims of "explosive decompression". The opposite of what happened to the men in the OceanGate submersible. That would be why there was spaghettification in that incident. They stretched out and exploded like overinflated balloons.
That's the one.
The opposite being implosion, which is what just happened to these people.
Spaghetti v Meatballs, got it.

Yeah,, but there has to be some bone flakes, tooth pieces, jewelry, hair, and yes they were dead and reduced to pulp in an incredibly short time. Some of the articles I have read say that that it takes 4 thousandths of a second for the brain to receive input from the body.
Their deaths would have happened in less than 1 thousandth of a second.
They did not know of anything, just gone. poof.
poof ...

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
As far as I'm concerned, the biggest disaster about it is there was no Go-Pro on a selfie stick attached so we could recover one AWESOME video of it imploding.

Back