Toddler tossed over bridge by father (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
Pink jacket caught eye of teens who saw toddler's body

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed-of-killing-daughter/6575941/?showmenu=true

1395176609000-031814tierra-arthur-morgan.jpg

FREEHOLD, N.J. — A ninth-grader found the body of a toddler in a creek more than two years ago as he walked from school with two friends, the teen said Tuesday in court.

The toddler's father, Arthur Morgan III, is accused of tossing his 2½-year-old off a bridge in Shark River Park in Wall Township, N.J., the day before. Tierra Morgan-Glover was discovered still strapped to her car seat, which had been weighted down with a metal car jack.

"I looked over to them (his friends), 'Hey guys, there's something in the water,'" testified Joshua Sanford, now 17, of Neptune, N.J. "They both looked over and said, 'Oh, my gosh! What is it?' I don't know."

Sanford said he had looked over the bridge into the water on Nov. 22, 2011, because he often fished at that spot. But what he saw was so unusual that the teens waited for a park ranger who was heading toward them to ask him to check out the strange object.

"At first he shivered because it was cold water in November," Joshua said. "I could see his face just getting scared or sad."

Then the ranger said to Joshua and his friends, "I believe you boys discovered a dead body, and I need you boys to go sit down while I call the police," the teen said.

Ranger James Gregory saw a bright pink jacket swirling in the water, so he waded in, he testified.

"I saw a foot that kind of would fluctuate and come up to the surface with the current," Gregory said. "I saw a shoe. ... I believe it was purple, black and purple, maybe."

1395177031002-031814tierra-morgan-glover.jpg

Gregory said he went back to the spot where he had left his phone and called his supervisor, asking him to call Wall Township and Neptune police.

At one point during Gregory's testimony, Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Jordan Williams displayed a photograph of the toddler, strapped in the car seat, her eyes closed and her head leaning to one side. Gregory identified the image as that of the toddler pulled from the stream that day.

With that, the child's mother, Imani Benton, abruptly got up from her seat in the front row and left the courtroom for a while.

Also testifying Tuesday were the police officers who retrieved the girl in her car seat from the creek.

Vincent O'Rourke, a Wall Township detective who is now retired, and Patrolman Douglas Borst both told the jury of the difficulty they had retrieving the body from the middle of the stream. Both described having to walk down a slippery, steep embankment covered with brush and briars to try to hook the car seat with a pole that firefighters supplied them.

O'Rourke said once he was able to hook the pole onto the car seat, both he and Borst were needed to pull it to shore because it was so heavy. Initially, O'Rourke said he thought the weight came from water-logged clothing but they soon saw the real reason — the car jack.

"It was like an anchor," Borst said.

1395176897001-031814tierra-stream.jpg

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
My God wat a horrible death for a young child at the hands of her "so-called" dad :facepalm: send his ass to a Birzillian prison & they'll fuck him up big time with no consequences :rant: RIP ANGEL :dead:God will advenge ur death!. :Cry:

Domino69

In the Prep Room
Disgusting! WTF is WRONG with these 'people'?!? What a sweet little angel, ANYONE would have taken her in. Hope he gets fucked up the ass DAILY.

Back