USMC Gunnery Sargeant Carlos Hathcock "White Feather" The best sniper of all time. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I

Irishbobby

Internet Warrior
I've seen only like two interviews with him. Just an unassuming regular hillbilly. Love it!
Yeah you would never guess that guy could shoot the asshole out of a fly at a 1000 yards. And he did most of his work without a spotter giving him feedback on his round location.

bearyb123

This user was banned
I don't think you can really compare the the two, different envirornments different era. I was an army sniper (got out in 04) and worked with shooters from various country's and while every body thinks their country has the best marksman Carlos is widely recognized as one of the best. Simply having a high kill number isn't everything, Carlos was a stalking machine and literally wrote the book on stalking and counter sniping procedures for the marine corp, procedures he perfected in Nam and are still taught today. He also fastened his rifles scope to a browning 50 cal (ma deuce) zeroed it and hit a guy at 2500 yards.
Damn that is 2286 meters, over a mile and 1/4 shot. Impressive. I sniped, but hard to get long range kills in a jungle sometimes, but I did get a kill at 1700 meters with a Tac-50.

Back