*Warning children* WWII photo album dead Japanese (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I found this yesterday in a house I was cleaning out. The husband served in WWII with the 92nd CB (Construction Battalion) in the Pacific. He fought in the Battle of Tinan and was stationed on Tinian when the atomic bombs were loaded, which he helped to do.

This album shows him posing with dead Japs, battlefields covered with corpses, even the native islanders whose children were maimed during bombings. The kids are missing legs and arms. What I find surprising is the kids are all smiling and look as if they are enjoying the time with the soldiers.

20210805_073346.jpg

At the end of the album are photos depicting the same family. I believe he probably killed the Jap and took these photos off his body along with the prayer flag I found folded.

There are a lot more photos to show which I will post later today.
20210805_073346.jpg
20210805_073355.jpg
20210805_073402.jpg
20210805_073410.jpg
20210805_073420.jpg
20210805_073424.jpg
Message_1628127758629.jpg

Der Wolf

Long time dead but look forward the resurrection
This user was banned
these I think are mixed images from the Chinese - Japan war and the US - Japan war
I'd love to accept that japanese flag as a gift

these I think are mixed images from the Chinese - Japan war and the US - Japan war
I'd love to accept that japanese flag as a gift
Haha yea my buddy said the same thing about the flag. You might have to fight him for it. I still need to go through the attic to see if therr arr any more goodies. Hell this guy probably took back a jar of ears.

Odinsohn

This user was banned
Really great find...the death pics are "canteen photos" usually taken by his units photographer and sold to members of the unit where as you can tell the family photos were taken by the vet directly. Theyre still all original photos and feally cool 😁👍

Really great find...the death pics are "canteen photos" usually taken by his units photographer and sold to members of the unit where as you can tell the family photos were taken by the vet directly. Theyre still all original photos and feally cool 😁👍
Thanks for the info! Good to know that so I dont look like a schmuck. I actually have a personal military presentation I take to schools, retirement homes and public events. My next goal is to get the flag and Jap photo translated. I imagine he picked these up off the same body because the Jap soldier is the same in all the photos. Thanks again for the help!

Mercenary76b

This user was banned
That's cool I like history and that flag and photos should go to a museum, I wonder what's the story of the jap family and the flag anyways its too bad we will never know. May all those that died in WWII Rest in Peace. PEACE FOREVER ★

Back